"Lower, Lauer",and an Idea.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

gmartin

"Lower, Lauer",and an Idea.

Post by gmartin »

Gentlemen and ladies,
A proposition if you please. Concerning the recent post of the pronuciation of J.P. Lower, a reader remarked that he thought that it may be as in Matt Lauer, a rather right winged commentator on a syndicated news program. I believe I've his name spelled correctly. Perhaps, rather than disparage Mr. Lauer for his political tendencies, he be invited to a minor or major BPCR silhouette shoot in its entirety? He and others from the media you deem espousing similar views. If the same sort of kindness and generousity were extented to him, them, as they were to me during the one and only BPCR event I attended as a spectator in January of this year, including the chance to shoot, as was done to me, "right winged " views toward anything "gun" might be softened. Let it be said that perhaps I share those same tendencies, but don't forget, I spent a large portion of my life inhaling JP-4 and slowly descending towrd earth ready to expend cordite laden brass and copper if need be. And all of this from a '63 carbine shooter, though more of anything Sharps would be nice.
Gregg
Troll

Post by Troll »

The only matt lauer (no caps out of lack of respect) I know is on the TODAY show and he is definitely "NOT" a right winger. He is a staunch Liberal, thinking all guns should be banned.
-Finese is choosing the right size hammer
gmartin

"right is Right"

Post by gmartin »

Troll'
I stand corrected, "the conservative RIGHT"., DUH.
Gregg
gmartin

"right is Right"

Post by gmartin »

Troll,
Further sir, the post I refered to did indeed use the term "right"., but I'll not belabor the point. The "Idea" was to have influencial media members attend a BPCR shoot and see for themselves the intensity of competion, yet the aura of down right friendliness that is part and parcel of these events. Your Mr. Lauer included. Listen, isn't an invintation at least a start to attempt to "win the hearts and minds." Grab me on the "right" thing, but nothing else, this sport is one of fair minded chaps.
Gregg