Must-see Places in Dodge City, KS?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

taw1126

Must-see Places in Dodge City, KS?

Post by taw1126 »

For the last 7 years or so I've had a project in southwest Kansas (Liberal) that gets me up that way two or three times a year. Traveling back & forth has allowed me the opportunity to visit the Cavalry Museum at Fort Riley and the Adobe Walls site, among others, but I've never made the drive to Dodge City.

I'm headed back up in a couple of weeks and this time I'm going early so I can spend a few hours in Dodge. I'd like any suggestions on good things to see, especially if there's some good gun stores or museums that might have original buffalo rifles displayed.

Thanks,
Trey
Clive Taylor

Post by Clive Taylor »

I'd be interested in this info as well. My shooting buddy and I are coming over in October for a buffalo hunt just outside Dodge. We're going to have at least one day after the hunt for sight-seeing. We're certainly going to descend upon Mon Yee, his gatlings sound just too good to miss, and hope Lee Shaver's going to come across as well. Looking forward to sharing a firing point again with some good friends.

Cheers
Clive
44magnum

Post by 44magnum »

HAD THE BEST BIG MACS EVER, FROM THE MCDONALDS IN DODGE CITY.
BETTER BEEF IN KANSAS, I RECKON. THERE IS A LOT OF WYATT EARP
BOOKS & MEMORABILIA IN THE GIFT SHOPS.
taw1126

Post by taw1126 »

National Beef has a processing plant in Liberal and I have yet to find a good steak...all of the best cuts must get sent out of town. As for McDonald's, I'd be surprised if they made any local purchases. Makes too much sense for such a huge corporation. Besides- aren't they the biggest user of imported Brazilian beef?