Back on the forum

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jimilner4570

Back on the forum

Post by Jimilner4570 »

I had severe computer virus problems and had to wipe the hard drive and completely start over. I even had to create a new e mail address to be able to log on to the forum. I am STILL TRIGGER DR or Jim Milner as in the two previous registrations. I do not know why this happened but ....
Thanks
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Welcome back Trigger Dr., we missed you.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
8iowa

Post by 8iowa »

Ken:
Last week I spent all of one hard day fighting the Sasser worm in two computers. Make sure that you are regestered with Norton (www.symantec.com) or another reliable company that specializes in anti-virus. Then keep the virus definitions up to date on a weekly basis.

Its also important to frequently download Microsoft's latest patches for Windows. I had gotten a little lax and I paid the penalty.
NRA LIfe Member
NAHC Life Member
"Heaven is North of the bridge"
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I've had McAfee on mine for 5 or 6 years. Good thing too. It's caught a bunch of viruses.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Grundy Burns

Post by Grundy Burns »

Glad to see you back. As has been said, it pays to use an anti-virus program from a good company and keep it updated and install security patches from MS, if you use their software. Another level of security can be had by using a secondary email address, such as Hotmail, on all forums you visit. Some of these email providers will scan your incoming before it ever gets to your machine. Hotmail picked on off for me just the other day.
"Should have steered clear of that kid".....
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Glad to see you back Doc. Missed you. I like my McAfee. It automatically updates my program for me. And so does windows, but I still maintain my firewall and do not remain connected to the internet unless I am actually using it. Like now.
Lee Stone
Jimilner4570

Post by Jimilner4570 »

I am on McAfee now. I had over 6000 files infected. Good thing my Nephew is a computer guru. got it fixed free except for lost time and info.
Jim
8iowa

Post by 8iowa »

I think the perpetrators of this mischief should be forced to run a gauntlet of Sharps rifles.
NRA LIfe Member
NAHC Life Member
"Heaven is North of the bridge"