Powder choices for the 45-110

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

DL

Powder choices for the 45-110

Post by DL »

While speaking to the owners of one of my local cowboy gun shops the topic of black powder, Pyrodex, and Cean Shot came up. They suggested I try Clean Shot. I understand that it can be metered from a smokeless measure and it is more stable and cleaner to shoot. Has anyone used this?

Pt 2: In using Pyrodex has anyone used the pellets? If so what do you think of them?

I’ve got a couple months before delivery (10/15) and I’d like to get a few rounds loaded before then.

Thanks in advance for all you assistance.
RMulhern

Powder

Post by RMulhern »

DL

<< If so what do you think of them?>>

Pyrodex? I'd just as soon shove a buffalo chip into my breech....and try to shoot that! I ain't figured out yet why....the folks that want to get into this game have such a "phobia" about blackpowder! This is what they were designed to shoot...and they do shoot BEST using it! :lol: :wink: :lol:
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

been there tryed that in my 45 110 it fouled very hard could get 2 good shots then my groops looked like a shot gun pattern. :? also some thing to chew on i had some rounds loaded shot some of them with said problems sat the rest aside for another day to shoot out to get my cases back the next to the range i was letting my wife shoot them up and she said that they were kicking the crap out of her so i said id finish them off, ill be darned but this time they killin me and after a few split cases :evil: i said no more i will pull the bullets.when i started pullin bullets i noticed most of the powder had broken down in to a gray mass that i had to dig out of the cases,nothing like i have ever seen.i blew up what was left of it to my boys amusment.never goning to use it again i will stick with 1F much beter fouling and am shotin groups now not patterns.
B.J. Spalding
"I came I saw and I forgot why I am here."
SHILOH#1