Electronic Ear Muffs

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Todd:

Check out the web site I posted, and if you want to, call the company. They have a explanation of the science behind them, and can dispell some of the myths you have heard.

Take Care,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
nohorse

Post by nohorse »

Texas shooter: Thanks for the link and the recommendation regarding the slim profile muffs. I think I'll try those out, maybe they will work better with my rifles than the muffs I am using now.
Shiloh #1!
Guns:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, 30 inch heavy octagon with MVA mid range soule and MVA spirit level sights
45-70 Hartford Model, 30 inch heavy octagon with Axtell Hartford Transition and MVA combination sights [the hunter!!]
Todd Birch

...muffs forever...

Post by Todd Birch »

It isn't the myths I hear about electronic muffs that concern or intrigue me - it's the things I never heard before.

The first time I wore them, I was wondering what the noise was. It was the wind in the Ponderosa pines all around me! A raven that flew low overhead sounded like he had rusty feathers.

Wearing them hunting might pay off under some conditions, but I tend to wander and cover a lot of territory. I could wear them on my IPSC belt clip, but the idea of fumbling them on while Bambi takes a hike doesn't appeal to me.

The comments made by Omak Cowboy re: his Improved .300 Wby with muzzle brake reminded me of my BSA '06 again. There were coffee cans on the uprights between benches at our range for discarded brass. At each shot of the .06, the cans on either side of me would swing with the blast!

Everyone thought I was shooting a Magnoon of some sort and no one wanted to shoot beside me. That was the best benefit.

Todd
"From birth to the packing house, we travel between the two eternities ....." Robert Duvall in "Broken Trail"
dog

Post by dog »

I like to use the foam ear plugs PLUS the ear muffs. This works well.
One shot.....
Horns on the ground