black powder suppliers in eastern SD

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

pjdakota

black powder suppliers in eastern SD

Post by pjdakota »

I am having some trouble finding a place that carries black powder in the Sioux Falls area(lots of pyrodex out there but none of the real stuff!). Does anyone know of a retail supplier around Sioux Falls or in western Minnesota that carries black powder? I also spend a fair amount of time around Ortonville, MN if there are any shops that carry it in that area. Also, I have found one source for a "generic" made in China FF black powder, does anyone have any experience in shooting any of that "stuff"? Thanks!
Paul
Carl

Post by Carl »

Paul

Where do you live? I live 15 miles north of Sioux Falls. I get all my black powder from Upper Missouri Trading company in Crofton Nebraska. You can get case lots of Swiss for $14 per pound. They also carry Elephant and Schuetzan powder.

Carl
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Is that $14 a lb. shipped??? I'd be interested in that if it is.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thats 14 per pound picked up at their shop.

Carl
Big Gun

Black Powder supply

Post by Big Gun »

PJ...if you need small amounts of different granulation for testing, slip over to Cabelas at Mitchell...about $12.95 per pound for Goex...not sure if they carry any other brands. You can also browse through all the Italian Sharps about 20' north of their powder safe...and really appreciate the quality of a Shiloh.

While in Mitchell you can visit the Corn Palace and get two thrills for the price of a half tank of gas.
pjdakota

Cabela's

Post by pjdakota »

Big Gun...Thanks!!! I have been in there a couple of times over the last couple summers but I have never noticed that they carried it. Thanks!!
Paul