Federal 210 primers

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Harlan Sage

Federal 210 primers

Post by Harlan Sage »

I recently aquired some Federal 210 larger rifle primers and have never used them. I have used the Federal 215 large rifle mag. and recently CCI BR primers with good success.

I load for 40-65, 45-70 and 45-90 and wondering if anyone has used the 210's with any success and would like to hear your stories.

Harlan
Just Shoot...EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS!

Guns Have 2 enemies, Rust and Politicians!
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

The Fed 210 is what I use most of the time in my 45-70, they work just fine. 68 grains of cartridge, compressed .220, .060 wad, lyman 457132.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Jim Watson

Post by Jim Watson »

I use Fed 210 match in my .38-55.
Better velocity uniformity and accuracy than magnum or pistol primers IN MY RIFLE.
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Harlan, I tried some of these primers last year while in search for the best load in my rifle(s). They did not perform as well for me as some of the other primers and I settled on WLR's for my best load. I definitly think you need to try them, your gun or guns may do well with them. It's surprising on how something seemingly as insignificant as primer choice can make on a load. These things are all different, fire some at night(just primers) and you will see different colors and flash characteristics with the various primers.
Smokin

Post by Smokin »

Harlan,

I've had good results ingniting, Heaven forfend, duplex loads for my .45-70 with 210's. This particular load has done well in 3 different rifle used by 3 different shooters. Presently, with straight black, I'm enjoying good luck with WLR's, also in my .45-70. At a recent load development match, I had encouraging results with CCI BR2's. In a previous load development LR match either I, my future tomato stake, or my load, fired with 215's, went completely to flinders. The combination has worked well before. ?? :( Good luck.

ps, oh and my .40-65 just loves Cartridge and 9 1/2M's. Go figure! :?
Smokin

Member in tall standing of the Frozen Tundra Chapter, Flat Earth Society.