Short Range Match

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Bad Ass Wallace

Short Range Match

Post by Bad Ass Wallace »

Many local and provincial ranges are unable to cope with the traditional long range matches up to 1000yds. With fuel costs hurting us all in the pocket, a committee of local shooters have proposed trialing a "Short Range BPCR Match" this Saturday.

Match rules:
1. Any BPCR or M/L firing BP only with non-gas checked projectiles or PP
2. Maximum weight of rifle (including scope or sights) 13lbs.
3. 1x10 shot at 100yds and 1x10 shot at 200yds with unlimited sighters in 90 mins from a bench rest.
4. Two classes of rifle to be contested open sights and scoped.
5. Target is international Free Pistol target with 50mm 10 ring and 25mm 'X'
6. Scoring shall be (a) total score for 10 shots with 'X' ring to count as 12 and (B) this score to be divided by the overall group size in inches of MOA. (i.e 1 MOA at 100 and 2MOA at 200)
7. All holes must break the scoring line to count as a higher value.
8. Prizes will be awarded for highest score 100/200, smallest group 100/200 and best aggregrate score overall.

From the initial non-match trial results that I have seen, this could become a very interesting event. A small 1"group in the 5 ring won't win and a large 3" group over the 10/9 ring won't either.

I'm looking forward to shooting my 45/70 and wonder what our overseas shooters think?
Hold still Varmint, while I plugs yer!
Bumper

Post by Bumper »

:arrow: BAW, For an informal match at reduced ranges you seem to have selected a neat format At our Wednesday morning weekly matchs we shoot a bullseye target at 200m, 22 shots, 2 sighters & 20 for record. The inclusion of group size in the scoring makes sense to me in that accuracy and consistancy are rewarded. Rbump