BA's stretched brass

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

powderburner

BA's stretched brass

Post by powderburner »

got a load of buffalo arms new stretched 45-110 brass made from starline 45-2.6 and it appears to be pretty good stuff I grabbed a handful out of the sack and weighed them and they were all within 1.5 gns went to trim them after sizing which was very easy, and they were all right on the money A whole lot more consistant than the stretched 348 stuff
I miked the necks and they were very consistant in neck thickness also I ckd them for volume using a water dropper and they were quite consistant that way as well ,they appear to also hold about 2-3 more gns of powder than the 348 stuff so my first impression of them is quite favorable overall. so far I have 5 loadings on the first 50 cases with no loss yet.... still caint hit nothin yet but sure am polishing the top of the shootin bench tryin.......Dean
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
taw1126

Post by taw1126 »

While I can't comment on BA's "buffalo rifle" brass, I got my hands on some of their .35 WCF stretched from WW .30-40 Krag cases and it was the best stuff I found...beat the hell out of Bertram and was even easier to work with than some original Kynoch. Those guys seem to put out good products.
Jim Watson

Post by Jim Watson »

If I ever find myself in their neck of the woods, I would surely ask for a tour. I would like to see their brass reforming operations. My knowledge is limited to Nonte and Howell and they make it sound like a terrible chore. I wouldn't do it for what B.A. charges.