Good lots of 1F Goex?

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Lumberjack Bill

Good lots of 1F Goex?

Post by Lumberjack Bill »

Hi Folks, I have been reading ,with much interest, lately the disscusion of Goex 1F for the 45-110. I have a case of it and wonder if I should have specified what lot I wanted. Mine is 01-72 / 02 dec 18. Good or do I use it in the Cannon????
Josh A.

Goex

Post by Josh A. »

Lumber, I hate it that you got that particular nasty lot. Don't waste your time using it in the 110. It is barely passable in the famed 45-100. Just send it up to me and I'll dispose of it for you.

Sorry for your luck.

Josh A.
P.O. Box 1313
Dewey-cheatem-nhow, Tx
BR-549
No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: “The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!”

I hadn’t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Bill,

Josh, was joshing ya! No wonder they named him Josh is it. Good lad did offer to kindly dispose of the powder for you didn't he? Cant say them southern boys arent friendly.

Its good powder, for the 45-110 you will need to find out just what volume it takes by weight to get you about .380 to .410 compression, for the bullet you will use in your 45-110. And then tweak it up or down say a half a grain untill you get best accuracy, Try BR-2 primers or WLR's. I personaly prefer Poly .060 wads but have had pretty good luck with .060 veg fiber also.

I would suggest some neck tennsion on the cases and try loads about .020 off the lands then play with the OAL length till get the best accuracy.

Good luck,

If there is anything I can do to help, drop us a note.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Kenny, how about posting a list of who was at the match, how many, what they were shooting, etc. Sure wish I could have been there, sleet or no. Randy
Randy Ruwe
FFG

Post by FFG »

I thought the 45-110 was a cannon!
Remember, you have a host of friends in Texas.