Questions from a newbee...

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Stinger

Post by Stinger »

[quote="Stinger"][quote="Stinger"]Although new to the forum, I am not new to guns!! Having been raised in the south I am proud of my collection and my shooting abilities- the rifles are truly some of the most detailed works of art- I stumbled across this forum and am happy to have found such a quality maker.

Trickery succeeds sometimes, but it always commits suicide.
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Although new to the forum, I am not new to guns!! Having been raised in the south I am proud of my collection and my shooting abilities- the rifles are truly some of the most detailed works of art- I stumbled across this forum and am happy to have found such a quality maker.

Trickery succeeds sometimes, but it always commits suicide.[/quote]
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Do pardon my quote- having recently been the victim of a con artist, well, I thought it was fitting.
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

Hi Andy,
Good to see another Washingtonian on the forum, alot of good advice to be had here for sure, and welcome to the wonderful world of Black Powder Cartridge Rifles in general, and Shiloh Sharps in particular, the best there is.
There are a few matches in W. WA. where you can see these rifles in action every month, and also get some first hand knowledge about calibers, loading etc. . The closest one to you is probably near Eatonville at the Upper Nisqually Sportsmans Club, run by Rich Bratlee who is a poster here from time to time. Up north just east of Everett I put on a match every month, and Larry Bassett runs a match way up north at Custer once a month. There is also a 600yd match at the Paul Bunyan range near Puyallup twice a year.
Come on out to one of our matches and take a few shots with one of our rifles, you'll be hooked for sure, and grinnin' from ear to ear.
Steve