Kelly sight:

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TYRVR

Kelly sight:

Post by TYRVR »

I mounted a Kelly long range Soule on a rifle today....that is a pretty sight!
The colour caseing and the polished bronze knobs with the blued staff are drop dead gorgeous on a French Grey receiver!
The markings are big enough to see even with eyes that have seen better than fifty summers pass (would you believe 60?) the adjustments are smooth, no tight spots, no jumps.you set the angle of the sight by loosening the rear mounting screw, put the staff where it is 90 degrees to the bore.....tighten the screw! you're done.
I've used a lot of sighs and mounted even more....but I have never seen a prettier one.

Ol'Tye,
Member #3, of the "Brought Enough Gun Club"
Smokin

Post by Smokin »

Ol'Tye,

Your comments about the Kelly sight were positively poetic. The picture it created in my mind's eye was one of a serene and timeless grace and beauty, but I gotta ask, "just what is enough gun and what do you suppose that gathering would have required for you to be #1"? :D
Smokin

Member in tall standing of the Frozen Tundra Chapter, Flat Earth Society.
TYRVR

The "Brought Enough Gun Club":

Post by TYRVR »

My Hero, Red Hall once said that if you shoot a .50 Cal. rifle......you will never have to ask yourself"Did I bring enough gun?" when the wind is pushing the mouse calibre bullets into the next zip code.
I will never be member #1, that position is held for life and beyond by my other Hero, Mickey Dixon, and #2 is the above mentioned Red Hall, these are two of the greatest friends a man could have, they have shared their knowledge and time with me without reserve, I learned more than how to shoot a Sharps from them, they taught me by example what it is to be gracious in victory or defeat, the love of our sport is exemplified by these two men, the pride I feel in just being #3 is huge! I would hope that each shooter at sometime in his career will find friends as good as these, and having found them, try to emulate them with new shooters that someday come to them with a big gun and a lot of questions.

Ol'Tye.....proud to be..
Member #3, of the "Brought Enough Gun Club"
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

I put a Kelley LR on my Shilho .45-70 LRE, and it not only looks great, but works as well as any other sight I own including a bunch of MVA's. You won't regret buying it. Randy
Randy Ruwe