PP Bison

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Denali

Re: PP Bison

Post by Denali »

Thanks for the info Don! Cant wait to get my KAL. I'm looking forward to going to the range without blowtubing or wiping with that KAL bullet sized to .429" and wrapped to .435/.436. Going to focus on KIK 2F and 1.5F. Will try soft alloys of course first.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

My rifle will only shoot that bullet well at two lengths. I.1 and 1.35 inches, anything else is just an excercise in casting bullets and wasting powder. Doesn't seem to care whether it's flat base or hollow.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Denali

Post by Denali »

Thanks for the advice Don! Wonder why that is? Barrel harmonics or something else?
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I'm thinking it's the 19 twist.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Hartford Pete

Post by Hartford Pete »

Good work and a good report! Should be some fine eating.
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Dang Danali that's a fine job well done! That's exactly the kind of buffalo I want next time. The big bulls just don't eat as well and I don't need to lose any more wall space at home or my wife will kill me stone dead.
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
Denali

Post by Denali »

Thanks Hartford Pete and Marathonman! I wouldnt have signed up for it if I knew I was going to draw and fill a muzzleloader cow tag too. Freezers are full now. 44-77 is in the gun safe until I get a KAL mold soon. Then back to the range I go. Eight trips to the range to get it up and running for the bison.

Mike