Michael Moron's movie and my 4th

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Omak Cowboy

Michael Moron's movie and my 4th

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Just a short note of I think hope based on what I observed the last three days.

On the 3rd I and family went to see 'Two Brothers". It's a great family film with beautiul photography..also kind of fun to see the single shots therin. Anyway off to see the film at the Auburn SuperMall where there is a multiplex. Wouldn't you just know it...there were Kerry people out front trying to register voters...and yep the miltiplex was showing Moron's pice of dreck

So I get the duty of getting goodies which means I am staning in the snack line for the first 10 or 15 minutes of the movie. On my way to the Two Brothers film I just could not resist sneaking into "911" to see what kind of crowd it had drawn in. The seats were arranged in a 12 X 12 block, meaning seating capacity was 144 ....and there could NOT have been more than 20 people in there. So much for his "record setting film".. yeah, like it really is more popular than Harry Potter? In his dreams.

So comes the 4th. I live in an upscale development. Private golf course, country club, private security, so on. In the past few (clinton ) years the 4th is celebrated but it's been kind of quiet. NOT LAST NIGHT!

All kinds of folks went to the res and bought a boat load of stuff. It was "Wiz ..bang" pretty much all day and for certin all night...and lots of American flags out front too.

Pretty good to see.
Laurence
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
gpeak

That is reality!

Post by gpeak »

We live in a small central NY town named Virgil. Just a small farming community but we have our 4th of July picnic at our local park/lake. Our folks don't buy it either! Unfortunately so many people only get the "hype" and never look atthe real issues. We did not ask for 911. All this nation has done is try to help others realize the blessings of Liberty that we have. Yes, we may not have always got it quite right , but as a nation we have given more than any nation in history for freedom and human rights! Anyone who has the guts and integrity to examine the facts cannot deny the real truth. Need proof? Go to Normandy, go to Arlington, check it out! He who denies history is doomed to repeat it! (Wish I had said that!)
Craig

Straight shooting, straight talk.....the mark of a man.
Nick B

Post by Nick B »

So many people come out of that movie believing everything in it just because they saw it on the big screen so it must be true. I wonder what they're believing when they come out of Spiderman ?
Anybody got a radioactive spider I can borrow?
Omak Cowboy

stories

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Nick, your point is SO well made.

A fellow once told me that humans are habitual story tellers. This idea extends to every part of life, from the evening news to the things we tell ourselves walking down the street.

We see the "Ain't it awfull" story on the nightly news and forget that's it's only a story. Columbine comes to mind.

Same is true walking down the street. Imagine seeing a gloriously beautiful girl with a itty bitty tank top....and we tell ourselves a story about her, but we forget it's only a story.

Say, where CAN I get one of those spiders, anyhow?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.