January Schuetzen Match Butte Gun Club Rocker MT

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

scopelady

January Schuetzen Match Butte Gun Club Rocker MT

Post by scopelady »

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013

Temp start of match: -20F
Temp at lunch break: -1F
Temp end of match: 3F

Name/Relay 1 score/Relay 2 score/Aggregate Score/Place

Ted Tompkins 421 379 800 1st Iron
Pat Bowland 382 396 778 2nd Iron
Darrel Smithson 382 395 777 3rd Iron
Jen Oliva 353 381 734 1st Scope
Rob Labs 373 356 729
Mark Griffis 372 353 725
Toby Crisler 359 339 698
Howard Smith 355 343 698
Eric 348 348 696
Butch Ulsher 300 357 657
Jim 264 381 645
Heather Bryan 332 280 612
JC Gier 247 300 547

King Match Winner: Pat Bowland
1st "25" Relay 1: Ted Tompkins
1st "25" Relay 2: Heather Bryan
Jen
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting.....have a gun."
-Col. Jeff Cooper
Jim Kidwell

Re: January Schuetzen Match Butte Gun Club Rocker MT

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Jen,

Thanks for easing up on Snake Hips this month. We had him on a Suicide Watch for a while. He was getting a little iffy. Keep that weather up there. We had temps in the 70's today. We should be in the low 50's at this time of the year. :) :P ..............................................Jim
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
scopelady

Post by scopelady »

I know, Jim. He begged me to let him win one :)
Jen
-Col. Jeff Cooper
scopelady

Post by scopelady »

In fact, Ted was so happy after finally winning a match, he shared some advice with me on getting my 45/70 to shoot. I'll pass it along here so all can benefit from his wisdom:

"I think you should load some 40/65 bullets in the 45/70 and put a heavy crimp on them to hold the bullet in the case. My theory is that the 40’s will have a lot less resistance on the rifling so they should go faster out the barrel and to the target (or near) the target. It would also have less lube contacting the rifling so the fouling should be less. Benefit is the bullets are lighter so they use less lead per bullet. That will be a big savings to you also. If you follow my advice you should be shooting in the single digits if you have a good chicken count. I think you should load up all of your brass with those loads and shoot them in all of the big matches."

Gotta love that guy :lol:
Jen
-Col. Jeff Cooper
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Scopelady - You folks should give out a "Sergeant Preston of the Yukon Award" to the person who can shoot the match with the least amount of clothing on.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

scopelady wrote:
"I think you should load some 40/65 bullets in the 45/70 and put a heavy crimp on them to hold the bullet in the case. My theory is that the 40’s will have a lot less resistance on the rifling so they should go faster out the barrel and to the target (or near) the target. It would also have less lube contacting the rifling so the fouling should be less. Benefit is the bullets are lighter so they use less lead per bullet. That will be a big savings to you also. If you follow my advice you should be shooting in the single digits if you have a good chicken count. I think you should load up all of your brass with those loads and shoot them in all of the big matches."
Sounds reasonable and Snake Hips has always been a reasonable guy. :roll: :roll: :lol: .....................................Jim
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………