A couple barrel questions

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Luke

Post by Luke »

OOPS. Thats www.the45-70book.com they need and edit feature on this board.
Limber Up!
Will Sellit

Post by Will Sellit »

Thanks everyone for your responses. You have been very helpful.
This will be my first Sharps rifle and I have only shot one Shiloh and it was in 45-70 with a 30" heavy barrel and only in one of the 6 string side matches. I fell in love with the gun and decided that I had waited long enough and orderd one. It has been a few months so I still have a few months to decide on any changes. I feel at this time I will probably stick with my original order.
Again, thanks for your help.
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

that is interesting Brent , my friend and I both have 45-110 s and we both have gotten the best accuracy with .500+compression and his barrel is 34 and mine is 30 both are almost spotless when we get done shooting and there is not even much fouling in the cases . in fact it almost looks like we had been shooting smokeless , no black strings inside the mouth of cases I also shot a string of 10 rnds during this session without blowing and had no chambering problems and all hit in the same group. we were using the same target through a 50 round session apiece all told there was over 100 rnds in a 41/2 in hole in the target from two shooters and two rifles and three different bullets the point of impact didnt change with the different bullet styles and we assumed that they all weiighed the same was whyit was an interesting time .the weather was not hot and we may have different experiances when it gets over 100 and no humiditybut we have fired these loads at 85-90 with no problems
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T