RBGC January Match Results

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jim Kidwell

RBGC January Match Results

Post by Jim Kidwell »

The weather forecast was dismal. We were suppose to have icing conditions, but they stayed up north where God intended them to be. The die hard shooters came out on a cold morning with a temp at 36*, but it didn't last long. When the sun arrived we ended up with a high of 56*. The science of weather forecasting is good, but not that good. Always lean on what you want to do and not try to make excuses on why you shouldn't attend a match. Life is short enough.

It was a great day to shoot, as winds were very light and lighting conditions pretty constant. We had , what I think, were ideal conditions and some of our shooters didn't let me down. We had a new shooter with a borrowed rifle and ammo shoot a 24. Of course, we did not invite him back. LOL Several jumped in their classes. I think there should be an NRA award for people who improve there class. It gives an incentive to strive, plus it's a nice pat on the back. If I ever make Master, I will buy. The drinks will be on me; except for Rhoades. I don't have that much expendable income. Have a great 2013 shooting season..........................................Jim

[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img]
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Steve Rhoades

Re: RBGC January Match Results

Post by Steve Rhoades »

Kidwell asked for someone to write a witty story each month for his matches and after reading his story I now know why he needs help.
So,here's my rendition.

Carol had to kick my sorry ass out of bed this morning. She said: "You've been snoring all night so go to the range so I can get some sleep!".
It was colder than a witches t*t outside and the last thing I really wanted to do was run a match for the bunch of a** holes that show up every month.
I have to do ALL the work and they get to have ALL the fun, but since I raised the match fees at least I get enough for another bottle of good scotch.
I down a large cup of black coffee and stagger to the garage for the drive to the range. Hopefully I won't get stopped on the way as I'm not sure if my blood alcohol level has come down enough from last night for me to be driving.
At least the target setters are there when I arrive. Thank God, as the last thing I or the other a** holes want to do is have to set our own targets.
I'm actually surprised the setters decided to show up since I've been telling them their checks in the mail for the last three months.
Everyone's bitching about the cold but thankfully they pay the match fee (more scotch!) and we get started.
Once again I shoot like sh*t and once again the same guys are the top four scorers! I'm think I need to stop squadding them together so someone else gets a chance to win! I'm not saying they are fudging their score cards but they have won every match since we started shooting at River Bend and I'm starting to get suspicious.
I have to let Gazaway win something though as he's the only one of the bunch that helps me sometimes, but it's getting old having the rest whip my a** every month.
Parks is a good shooter now since he sent his rifle to Steve Rhoades 27409 N. 60th Ln. Phoenix, AZ. 85083 623-581-3624 to have it rebarreled. Maybe if the rest of us on the bottom of the results page would do the same thing we could shoot some good scores as well.
Well this sh*ts finally over and I convinced the target setters again that I'd send them a check so it's time to get in the car, warm up and head to the liquor store. Thankfully enough fools showed up that I can afford a couple of bottles of Springbank single malt. That amount won't last until the next match but maybe next month I'll get a better turnout and I can buy three bottles.
See you all (through bloodshot eyes) next month.
Jim Kidwell
Match Director.

And that's the way it really happened.
Steve R.
AZ.
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB
choken

Post by choken »

Steve that was a masterpiece of literary effort ! I about spewed a snort of Glenmorangie, which would really hurt Jim's feelings (it is SUPER good Jim). You may have a new job !!! LOL
bryany

Post by bryany »

Damn Jim, I was planning on coming to this match but had some outstanding debt issues that could have landed me in the local jail (Kidwell habitats, I've heard them called) I do look forward to reading the shoot results from the various matches. It is all a shut in like myself can do while the rest of you go out and have at it week after week.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Good grief........................Rhoades, don't you have other commitments??? No wonder it takes you months to rebarrel a rifle. Then you use aluminum pipes and pass them off as premium barrels. For you to spend so much time composing a sensible match revue, is too much to ask. Plus you should get your GED to improve your literary skills. I now understand Carolyn's insistence in using a slate and chalk when you are around.

Rhoades has a hard enough time handling a chuck wagon. It's a good thing local Health Departments don't monitor his cook outs. One thing they would notice is the lack of local pets in the area after he leaves. He normally only offers stews, since his steaks are rather small.

One other thing, I wouldn't have omitted Charles Outler (CO) as another right hand in running these matches.

Having Rhoades as a friend (?) is like having a pet frog on a leash and having to drag him around with me. :lol: :lol: :wink: ...................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Steve,

That was :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Jim,

It cost me a Steak and Lobster dinner for Klaus and Michael when I made Master and then just a few months later, the NRA changed the rules and bumped me back to AAA. I'm sure Klaus and Michael had something to do with that. :roll:

See you next month.

Bryan,

When does the Spring Thaw arrive in WY?

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
bryany

Post by bryany »

Woody, it has been mostly mild this winter. Just a bit of below 0 weather and only recently a small amount of snow. I expect to see a 60 degree day in February that would qualify as "Spring-like" wouldn't it?

In the mean time, I need to get my Texas entry form in the mail. I'm sure it will be plenty warm down there at the end of April.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
deerhuntsheatmeup

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Bryan

You will never regret coming to TX State, it should be on the "don't miss list"

We hope to see all you Wyomicans At Mexia.

Best, barvid
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.
bryany

Post by bryany »

David, the check is in the mail, well the IOU for some laying hens and a young hog anyway. We will expect to see the gathering of our warm weather friends in Texas in April. It'll be a hoot.

Bryan
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Bryan,

I hope you don't whine about the Southern mild weather and how it's not fair. See you in April.............................Jim
bryany

Post by bryany »

Jim, I'll keep quiet if you don't throw a fit for Jimbo wearing his kilt at the match.

Bryan
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Just make him wear something under it this time......................................Jim
bryany

Post by bryany »

you are the one who looked