2013 Draw Results

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Marathonman

2013 Draw Results

Post by Marathonman »

Got my Colorado cow elk tag. I call it the December grain field shoot. For Wyoming I drew a mule deer buck tag, antelope buck tag, and two antelope doe tags. No Wyoming moose tag this year since I drew last year and banned from applying for a few years. Looks like a busy fall ahead! :)
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
ironramrod

Re: 2013 Draw Results

Post by ironramrod »

Marathonman, A dead cow elk in a grain field sounds like a plenty good deal at least to me. That's sounds a whole lot better than having 1 of those heavy suckers laying dead in the deepest hole in the township in 2' of water to boot. Good huntin' to ya for your other tags, too!

Regards
IR
"So many liberals, and so little time to teach them how to balance a checkbook." (Unknown)
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

Good for you Marathonman!

I drew a Type 1 and 6 elk tags, Type 1 antelope, two Type 6 antelope, and a GEN deer tag! My wife applied for the first time and drew a type 6 antelope tag! We have had more rain this year, hope the hunting will be a bit better than last year.

Stephen
pete

Post by pete »

Man I thought I did pretty good with a buck deer and buck antelope tag. Marathonman you've got 5 and Stephen 6 ? You guys are gonna be busy. :) Good luck to you guys I'm looking forward to some good stories.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

I drew a pregnant wife that is supposed to pop on October 15th! It is the first year in 20 years that I didn't put in for anything and may not get to hunt any big game. You guys can thank me for increasing your odds by taking my name out of the pot. :D Oh well, I wouldn't miss the baby being born for the world and there is always next year to hunt. I might get time to look for a deer on a general tag here locally. Good luck to everyone, looking forward to reading the stories. Cody
Marathonman

Post by Marathonman »

Cody

Loved your post!

I highly recommend the general season deer tag. You'll be more than ready to take a break from the pregnant wife and follow on screaming baby! (Just Kidding) :wink:
I had gotten possession of a big "50" gun early in the fight, and was making considerable noise with it.

~Billy Dixon~

Adobe Walls 1874
mountianman286

Post by mountianman286 »

Moose 34 type 4 (cow) Elk 34 type 1 (any) Gen. Deer Still looking at antalope options and maybe 1or2 cow calf elk in 34
YOU CAN'T BE LOST IF YOU DON'T CARE WHERE YOUR AT!
apapro

Post by apapro »

I know it not the States....But My boy and I both drew in Saskatchewan for cow moose tags back at the farm, and Mule deer buck tags for a real good zone!!! Going to give the 2 1/10 Sharps a whirl and see if she'll bring home the "bacon" this fall!!! So with regular rifle elk, whitetail and 2 more draw Antlerless tags for my boy (youth draw) we should be able to harvest 10 animals this year!!! Definatley going to learn how to post pics when I get a chance..........gotta share my purdy punkin chucker!!
"...........bring me my punkin' chucker.............thats it the 2 1/10 Sharps!!!"