To scope or not to scope

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

The rear of the MVA scope mount has a pivot point in the middle on each side of the scope holder and this pivot point is how the MVA scope centers and rides in, when up and down elevation is dialed in, so the rear of the scope isn't put into a bind.

Kelley O. 8)
RMulhern

To scope..or not!

Post by RMulhern »

Gunny

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm going to sit back.....and wait a while before I get serious about buying one! :lol: :roll: :lol:
Joe Burr

Post by Joe Burr »

The only other downside is the cost. Not to say that the scopes aren't worth the money being charged...but the cost is a good deposit on another Shiloh!!! :D
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Joe Burr: it's nice to have one or more Shilohs, but what is the use of having them if you can not see the iron sights well enough to hit the target....
Rich Siegel

Post by Rich Siegel »

A number of years ago, say 30, a company was making a mount for a long eye relief pistol scope that mounted on the barrel of a 94 Winchester. I think the mount went into the dovetail cut on the 94 barrel and maybe required drilling one mount hole. Could a similar mount be found or made to so that it would fit the rear sight dovetail and the sight screw hole on a Shiloh so no additional screw holes need be drilled in the barrel. This way, a pistol scope could be mounted on the barrel with little fuss.

Since I don't shoot scoped pistols, does anyone know of a mount or mounting rail that could be easily modified and made to work?

Rich
dm3280

Scope

Post by dm3280 »

I spoke to the scope guy at MVA and he said that the lenses were coated with the same coating many modern scopes use to improve light gathering in low light situations. I am thinking of ordering one but before I have it placed on my rifle I will take it to the woods and see how I see through it at dawn. If it does not work well I guess I can return it as long as I have not used it.
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Before you plunk down your greenbacks, I'd ask them 'bout the returnn policy.

Did you ask if the 'scope was water/fog proof?