Is a midrange soule enough?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Troll, heed the advice given to you by Lee Stone. I concur with him 100% on this point. Get the sight you will need for the longest range shooting you will EVER do. I will only be a few dollars more than the midrange, and you won't have to do any tinkering with the base, etc.

I bought one mid-range MVA soule sight, and am very happy with it. It is for a .38-55 and I don't plan on ever shooting it beyond 800 yds. For all of my other seven rifles, I have the long range and long range buffalo, or equivalent sights.

Get what you need to begin with and you won't have to sell one sight to get the one you really need. Randy
Randy Ruwe
Troll

Post by Troll »

I talked to the lovely ladies at Shiloh about my yet to be built set-up (#2 creedmore, 30" barrell, 40-70SS, with midrange soule). She stated that the mid-range soule will get me out to 1000 yards no problem, but 1,200 and 1,400 yards it wouldn't cut the mustard. So this brings me to the question. What is the maximum yardage for most long range shoots? 1,200 and 1,400 seems a bit far to me. But, I'm new to this and really don't know.
-Finese is choosing the right size hammer