Shooting glasses

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

don marable

Shooting glasses

Post by don marable »

Where would I shop to find a good buy on shooting glasses? Non-prescription sun shades. Also, what is the best color glass for bright sun and for cloudy days.

I am a newby to open sights, and I am not familiar with shooting glasses and their uses.

Don
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Decot Hy-Wide has a slide show of the different tint lenses:

http://www.sportglasses.com/

Click on “products”

Then click on “lens colours”

They have also a recommended colours page:

http://www.sportglasses.com/content/pro ... ations.asp
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
Omak Cowboy

shooting glasses

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Dillon has them too. I've several pair. It seems the color of your eyes may be an indication to light sensitivity. I like amber for cloudy days but they are far too bright for sunny days. For the less bright times I like some variety of red tint. I had a pair of Serengetti Drivers that had a rose tint that were perfect for most days here in Seattle. With the red hue you will find greens are more vibrant and clouds appear in greater relief than with most other colore. Experiment to see what you like.
Omak
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
RMulhern

Shooting glasses

Post by RMulhern »

Go here:

Champion's Choice Inc (615) 793-4066 201 International Blvd, La Vergne, TN 37086
sackett

Post by sackett »

I went to Grainger'sIndustrial Supply. Got US made UNVEX glasses for $9.00. In case the link doesn't work, go to Grainger.com and go to page 2405. I have the Espresso (XTR) anti-fog. You can wear them 8 hrs a day and still feel good about them.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/vi ... tPage=2405

Sackett
Swany

Re: Shooting glasses

Post by Swany »

[quote="don marable"]Where would I shop to find a good buy on shooting glasses? Non-prescription sun shades. Also, what is the best color glass for bright sun and for cloudy days.

I am a newby to open sights, and I am not familiar with shooting glasses and their uses.

Don[/quote]Don I bought a pair of Ray Ban Ambermatics. They automatically change from a light amber color in low light to a dark brown in bright light. They work good for me.
NRA Endowment member 45-70 #3 Sporter Gun ownership is protected by the second amendment and is every law abiding persons privilage and responsibility.
JAGG

Post by JAGG »

Dollar Store ! JAGG :lol:
JAGG