Are they hunters or Special Forces?

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

TYRVR

Hunting Parity?

Post by TYRVR »

If all these blasted gadgets on the market are so durn great at making Elmer Fudd the technological equivalent of "Predator", how come there are more deer and turkey in the woods(and towns) now than there has ever been? I also have read that the kill/hunter ratio is only half of what it was thirty years ago.....all that "crap" don't make you a better hunter....just a lazier one.

Ol'Tye, lifetime hunter....sometimes killer.
Member #3, of the "Brought Enough Gun Club"
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

i can answer that question tye,the sad thing is is there are many less active hunters out there and they think an edge is need to tag some thing the 1 or 2 weekends a year they go out huntin,big gun, big scope, laser range finder ect.i wont coment to much on the 4 wheelers as where i hunt in east texas you beter have one to get in and out to your stand or you be stuck in the gumbo,or dam tired hofin it from camp, most stands are about 2 to 10 miles from camp.(plus i am lame in one foot and fat :lol: )i had to learn hunting from a freinds and a lot of reading as i got a late start in hunting.in my close family me and my wifes cousins husband are the only hunters.i started only 6 yrs ago and had several years i only got bunnys and squirls but i kept at it and 4 yrs ago i took my first whitetail doe at 75yrds with an open sited S@W 44mag 8) and have not looked back.this year i am going to give it hell in bow season then with my sharps this rifle season.
later
B.J. Spalding
"I came I saw and I forgot why I am here."
SHILOH#1