63 quick questions PLEASE HELP

Support for the 1863 shooter. Discussions of powders, loads, bullets, etc.
mrrangerman

63 quick questions PLEASE HELP

Post by mrrangerman »

While cleaning my 63 Military I removed the block, took out the pressure plate so as to clean behind it. There is also two screws, one for the lever and hears my questions. What is the other screw for ? I removed it and it seams to connect to the flash hole. Does it hold anything in place? I blew through it and could feel air at the nipple and also the cone shaped flash hole, so I ran HOT water through it to clean it. Is there more I should be doing? Thanks for any help.

Shoot strait
Dan
bwbayless

Post by bwbayless »

MRM,

Sounds like you did everything right. I pull the nipple and give it a good scrubbing also. That screw is the flash channel clean out screw and needs cleaning every time.

Have fun,

Bob
mrrangerman

Post by mrrangerman »

bwbayless

Thank you for the reply, I didn't know if anythink else came apart for cleaning. Yes I did remove the nipple and cleaned it, and under in the nipple pocket.

thanks again
Dan
If you aim at nothing in life, you will hit your target every time.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi, everything sounds good, go to your local auto store and buy some anti- sieze, put this on the threads and around the gas plate surface that slides in the block. This will make for easy disassembly after shooting, the black powder tends to lock up these parts. Don't worry about the screw that goes through the link. Thanks Kirk