When was this Shiloh Sharps build?

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Rabert

When was this Shiloh Sharps build?

Post by Rabert »

Hello all

this Shiloh Sharps

obviously a Model 1863 Percussion Sporting is presently on an internet auction in Germany (actual bid 3 1/2 days before the end of the auction 590 Euro, approx 710 USD, described as excellent condition). It has .45 cal and a round 30" barrel. Its serial no. is 2556. Does anyone has an idea when this Sharps was made?

Best regards

Rabert
Rich Siegel

Post by Rich Siegel »

Rabert,

I'm not sure of the year but does it have a Farmington, New York address on the lock or a Montana address. The former will have been built in the kmid to late 70's or early 80's.

Sounds like a good one to bid on, depending on how it was cleaned and maintained.

Rich
nineteen76

When was this Shiloh Sharps built

Post by nineteen76 »

Rabert,
I have seen one other Shiloh 1863 with the 30" Military Round Barrel (it looks like the rifle in the picture has the "Flat Sides" at the receiver ring like the Military Model) and a "Sporter" forearm. The rifle was an 1863 in .50 caliber.
The rifle in the picture would have been made in Farmingdale, New York.
My guess would be 1978.
Kirk may have some information on this one, though the early records
were said to have been lost in a fire.
Price is right!
Good luck,
Chris
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

did you e-mail lucinda as to what the mfg date might be ? dont know about the farmingdale stamps but the transition rifles had both c.sharps and shiloh stamps on them when they first moved to montana....Dean that is a good lookin rifle and a good price as well if the bore is good
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Rabert

Post by Rabert »

Just for info: This Shiloh Sharps as above changed owners for 866 Euro plus shipment, that's approx. 1,100 USD incl. shipment. I think this is not to much for a Farmingdale (I think with this serial no. it still was made in Farmingdale), but not cheap enough that I would have taken the risk to buy it uninspected, especially since this is not the model I want (an infantry).

Best regards

Rabert