Winners of Corbin's Long Range Buffalo Match in OK

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Maj. Forrest Smith

Winners of Corbin's Long Range Buffalo Match in OK

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith »

We couldn't have had much better weather for this Long Range Buffalo Match. Cool mornings and cool evenings with the nice warm up in the daytime. We shot from 330 yards out to the 1005 yard White Buffalo with our big bore rifles! The range was set up well and with the new shooting line, there was empty of room to set up your equipment and shoot.
Lunch was provide both Friday and Saturday with the big chuck wagon meal on Saturday evening. I can still taste that peach cobbler dessert, Hmmmmm good! Then the band start up and we had great entertainment for the rest of the evening.

Below is a list of the out come and Congratulations to all our winners!

1st place & Match Winner in Scope was Arthur McMeans with a score of 37 out of 48 possible.
2nd place Winner in Scope: James Lee with a nice score of 34. (James is just finishing his Senior year in High School!)
3rd place Winner in Scope: Jay Lee with the score of 31. (Jay is James' dad. Great to see a father and son shooting together!)

1st place & Match Winner in Iron sights: John Gage with a 34
2nd place winner in Iron Sights: Bill Corbin with a score of 33
3rd place winner in Iron Sights: David Clark with a score of 31

On Friday we had a .22 LR Long range match. The targets were from 50 yards to 300 yards. It was just amazing to see how accurate one can shoot .22s out to those distances.

Winners of the .22 Long range match were:
1st place in Iron: Dave Clark with a 28 (That is out of a possible 48 shots, 8 shots at each target and there were 6 targets.)
2nd place in Iron: Max Bell with a 24
3rd place in Iron: Ronnie Sutton 21

1st place in Scope: Bill Corbin with a 38 (Bill really was on the targets and left the crowd in his dust! Great shooting, Bill!)
2nd place in Scope: John Gage with a 32
3rd place in Scope: Bob Pyle with a 31

I will try to add a few photos of the range, Saturday night events and winners in the next thread.
Tebbeman

Re: Winners of Corbin's Long Range Buffalo Match in OK

Post by Tebbeman »

Its Monte Sutton not Ronnie.
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul & the other for your Freedom!
Maj. Forrest Smith

The white round targets are the .22 long range. The target is the black dots on the white black ground for your misses to show up better!
Arthur McMeans receiving his 1st Place Scope Award from Bill Corbin
John Gage receiving his 1st place Iron Award from Bill Corbin.
Bill was the match sponsor and host for this fun event!
Maj. Forrest Smith

This was the Saturday night Chuck Wagon Dinner. It was BYOS (bring your own steak). The cooks had corn on cob and ranch beans boiling over an open campfire, warm rolls, salad and that special dutch oven peach cobbler for dessert and you brought you own steak to be cooked my cookie just the way you like! Great dinner to top off the whole match!
This is the band providing the evening's entertainment besides all the stories of missed shots for the two day!

Just want to thank Bill and Jeannie Corbin of the Two Bit Ranch for letting us all come and enjoy their great ranch!
It was a special match with special people!
Maj. Forrest Smith

Thanks, Kenny, for correcting Monte Sutton's first name. My apologies Monty! It was fun to have that Texas Crew come shoot with us!
Maj. Forrest Smith

Gees, I must be getting old. Need to make another correction.

It was Bill Shupert (not Bill Corbin) that got 2nd place in the Iron class in the Black Powder shoot.

Sorry to both Bills!