High Plains 1000yd Challenge/Rocky Mtn. Regional

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Re: High Plains 1000yd Challenge/Rocky Mtn. Regional

Post by desert deuce »

CO, I distinctly recall a conversation with a Georgia Cracker from Waycross who emphatically stated that if the critter ain't all the way dead after you hit it with the car (or Farmall in this case) and has to be dispatched with a hammer it is not considered Road Kill, except for Possums which may or may not be playin' dead. :wink:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
CO

Post by CO »

Once the railroad stopped running, (after they had cut all the Cypress timber) the only way out of the swamp for us was by mule and wagon. On the rare occasion that we did travel out, we always went to Folkston. From there we would go on over to Waycross. Now, needless to say, there wasn't a lot of roadkill with a mule and wagon. However, once we got on the road to Waycross it was plentiful. Like your friend said, if you had to finish it off, it was not considered roadkill. Therefore we could dress it and sell it to the local townspeople. I made most of my pocket money this way until i was drafted. When I completed my service I never went back to the swamp. CO
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Charles - you're not responsible for the BBQ at River Bend next month, are you? Just asking.............
Glenn
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Were you ever a traffic cop in Ludowici ?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!