Kirk couple of questions

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

LimeyInID

Kirk couple of questions

Post by LimeyInID »

Now I have a deffinate date that I am relocating to the US my mind is on ordering one of your fabulous guns got an idea of what I want, im a big built guy 50inch chest 6ft 4 and have a shoulder to finger tip measurement of 30 inches
would you recomend a increased length of pull as i am adding up what level i want my one of kind . I will be way over in Idaho so would be difficult too come over and try out for fit. But seeing the work you done on Lee Stones Rifles showed me the kind of quality that i would rather spend my dollars on.
Would my wife who is a US Citizen have too order or could I ?
Many thanks and looking forward too dealing with you and your company
Ryan
Buckskinner

Stock length

Post by Buckskinner »

Ryan

From where you will be in Idaho isn't very far from Big Timber. I would put it at about a 2.5hr drive on dry roads. It will sure be worth your effort to go, if for nothing else than to see how they make these wonderful rifles.

Gary
Here's to the American Front line men and women where every they are!!!
LimeyInID

Post by LimeyInID »

Damn i had no idea it was that close my American geography is way off :cry: . So will have too arrange a visit when i get over and settled in
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

LimeyInID, sorry I got a good laugh at your expense but when you said way over in Idaho I couldn't help myself. I've made the 4000 mile round trip from Ohio to Big Timber twice in a year. Not only do I love to visit Shiloh I just love to travel the most beautiful country on earth (and I've seen a fair piece of it, 17 countries. Almost made it to England once but that's another story). Take the time to drive to Big Timber you will not regret it. Wish I was that close.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
LimeyInID

Post by LimeyInID »

yep I feel a complete ass for not checking my geography, but please rember this the uk is only 95,000 square miles were as the US is 3,679,245 square miles, A 2 1/2 hour drive will take you coast to coast nearly in every part, its something my mind just has too get used too. The USA is a big place and im gonna be driving far greater distances for everything. But i love your country and the people are for the most ive met salt of the earth hence the relocation :) fed up with Britian
Lucinda

Post by Lucinda »

LimeyInID,
Good Evening! Welcome to the U.S. If you decide to order, you would need to specify the customers name to be you and your wifes. That way, your wife can come and pick the rifle up or if we ship to ID, then her name has been on the paperwork and she can do the proper paperwork there. The proper paperwork has to be completed at the dealer we would ship the rifle to, or we would do the necessary paperwork. As the rest of the guys stated, you are not that far from us, give me a call and plan your visit and then you can handle the numerous models, and determine then about the length of pull. Not to mention, we will show you around the shop. If you have any other questions, drop us an e-mail or call the office. Hope this helps and hope to see you at the shop.

Lucinda
LimeyInID

Post by LimeyInID »

Thankyou Lucinda will be in touch when i know my finaces from house buying etc, my wife has allready agreed too the road trip part :wink: