Saddle Rifle Questions

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

sackett

Saddle Rifle Questions

Post by sackett »

I have a couple questions concerning the Saddle Rifle:

1. Can I get it without the Cheekpiece?

2. Can it be bought with a single trigger?

3. With a 26" standard half round barrel, about how much would it weigh? I am trying to compare the weight to something else I might own.

4. How traditional are sling swivels? I have never seen them.

5. Lastly the Bone and Charcoal finish when compared to Standard color case, is the more "weather proof"? Or what is the difference?

I am trying to build a New England woods/heavy brush deer gun of which my 34" barreled Hartford isn't. The gun is OK for some areas I hunt, but the barrel is too long for most spots. The caliber will be either 45-110 or 44-90. Probably the 110 because I already am set up for it.

Thanks...Sackett
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Sackett:

In the hunting rifle I have speced out. I asked about the the single trigger.

At least at that time it WAS available. Kirk can do a "special" trigger that would be the envy of anyone for a few dollars more.

Give them a call.

Good Hunting.

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Good morning, we can do any of these things. The only differance in the case hardening is the bone pack is how the original guns looked. If you are thinking a big caliber, I would go with a 26" heavy barrel. The rifle you have speced will only weigh aruond 9 - 9 and a half pounds. For hunting I would go with the sling swivels also. Thanks Kirk