crosssticks shooters

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

The Montanan

Post by The Montanan »

Dave

Yep, up in the upper pasture we got snow that is holding, but down here in the Flathead Valley http://www.fcvb.org/index.php its not a pain really yet with the light snow days that we have had.

Now if I can get my rifle ordered this YEAR, if something doesn't stand in the way AGAIN.... I just may have to change the way I hold her on the sticks because I just might go for broke with a Big 50 and then rebarrel the copy Sharps and still keep it in the 45-90 that it is now.

My copy Sharps is fun, but is in no way even a close comparison to a Shiloh and unfortunetly I don't have anyone close to me here that I know that owns a Shiloh. I may have to take a trip across the highline to Chester Mt where Longrider lives.
The Montanan

"I don't care what a person shoots, as long as he shoots it well"
The Montanan

Post by The Montanan »

Dave

I stand corrected.... I just looked at a picture of me shooting my Sharps... I was caught in the act of resting the barrel on the cross sticks and had a firm hold on the forestock... dang I must be getting CRN, can't remember nottin (grin)

Jon
The Montanan

"I don't care what a person shoots, as long as he shoots it well"
Tom in NC

Post by Tom in NC »

Wardwarf!

Depending on the alloy of your bullet, you may have just brought Tintype imaging into the 21st century! I was just cleaning my Sharps as I read your post. Inspecting the bore while looking out my back window at the zoo farm behind me, bore sighted on a buffalo and a couple zebra and springbok , I always tempted to "capture the moment" when I do this!

wardwarf wrote:unless you want to be historical....usmc snipers use camera tripods.......i think i'd feel wierd shooting a sharps off an aluminum camera tripod.
Ecclesiastes 5:18 – ‘Here is what I have seen to be good and fitting: to eat, to drink and enjoy oneself in all one’s labors in which he toils under the sun during the few years of his life which God has given him; for this is his reward.’