no lead

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

MAH

Re: no lead

Post by MAH »

Bruce,

I think I wrote in my last post what product caused the problem. But it was Bore Tech Black Powder Solvent. Some mentioned a test. Plus also along the lines been there done that. How do you think I found the base reason? When it boils down to finding an solution I experiment. Now I certainly hope the readers of this thread think I want a spitting contest. Just stating a problem I have encountered. If you doubt what I am saying, no problem! Just Bore Tech is no longer being used by me, and at least one other person.

MAH
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

but initially you blamed the other product and have not retracted that.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
arnie

Post by arnie »

semtav wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:18 pm thumbnail.jpg

Wiped on left half. Wiped off with dry paper towel. didn't lube afterward. We'll see what happens in a week
Well what ever happened to your test ? I have used the red labeled stuff ,wipeout -lead out on a 22 rim fire barrel that was badly leaded .It says to let it set for one hour and soak between cleanings .It worked real good but took along time .I finally pugged the bore half way up and filled the barrel from the muzzle where the lead was .Let it set about 10 minutes ,then dumped it out and let it set over night .In the morning the lead was completely gone . No damage to barrel . I put three pieces of lead shot in a small container and poured some of this stuff in it and let it set .With in hours there was a bunch of white residue in the container and after a few days the shot was about half its size . I think it causes the lead to quickly oxidize .
semtav

Post by semtav »

arnie wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:15 pm
semtav wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:18 pm thumbnail.jpg

Wiped on left half. Wiped off with dry paper towel. didn't lube afterward. We'll see what happens in a week
Well what ever happened to your test ?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26304

I cleaned that off and put Bore Tech Eliminator on it about a month ago, and it still looks the same, but I don't have any of the other products they were arguing about so I can't test them.
Just walked by it today and thought I should try something else. but now I'm gone and won't be back there for a week??