New Sillywet Rifle

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Coltsmoke

Re: New Sillywet Rifle

Post by Coltsmoke »

Great shooting there Powderburnt! Trigger it has a 30" full octagon barrel, 1-16 twist Badger barrel. Haven't weighed the rifle yet. I found that rifle by calling Wyoming Armory about a Ballard they had for sale, I didn't get that rifle it was a 38-55. The gentleman on the phone I was speaking with said he had been thinking about selling his personal rifle which was a 40-65 and wanting to know if I would be interested it. End of story, I bought it. There is a couple of 45-90 Cody Ballards around for sale, found one 45-70 with a 40-65 barrel also for sale.

As far as shooting it offhand, I've got to work on that, the barrel is a little heavier than what I've been using, let me work on it before we do any pics. Still figuring out the best way to hold it.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Trigger1212 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:31 pmFinally, can you take a pic of yourself shooting it offhand? Curious as to how you hold that critter.
I'm curious to see if Gerald can actually take this 'selfie'. He'll have to bring along his 3rd arm to make it happen. ;)
Glenn
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Good to hear from you Glenn, I'll have to get some help with that one. :lol:
powderburnt

Post by powderburnt »

Hey Trigger, check your PM's

HG
flatsguide

Post by flatsguide »

That’s a fine looking rifle and appears to to do just fine work too...congratulations.
Regards, Richard
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Thanks Richard, I went to the range today and shot it some more, Starline Brass, this time. From 64grs. up to 68grs., all of it shot good enough to use in a match, but 65 and 68grs. knotted up pretty good with 68grs. being the winner. :D