Globe sight inserts

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

X007

Re: Globe sight inserts

Post by X007 »

Haven't I.D.'d them yet. This particular rifle, CSharps 1875, had them when I bought it. C Sharps said they do not stamp anything on theirs. This one has a #8 stamped on the base. I will reach out to Distant Thunder and see what they can do for me.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Well x007 you put the cart before the horse. You should have stated what it was on. Nobody on this site will burn you for having what you have, and while not a 74 model those 75's shoot pretty good. The people that have them, like them. That being said C Sharps has their own line of tang and frt sights which dang well might be what you have. I suggest you contact them and find out. I'd bet on it. bobw
bobw
X007

Post by X007 »

Bobw I appreciate the feedback. I own two Shilohs, #1's and this C Sharps. I contacted C Sharps from the get go and nota. They told me they do not stamp anything on the sight bases like mine. (#8) stamped on this one. Thanks all for the help, I bought a Lee Shaver with level and inserts a few days ago. Now I have a "known" sight to use and have extra insert cards that fit properly.