Need Some Bullets

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Hey Joe !

Need Some Bullets

Post by Hey Joe ! »

I know none of you would ever use them, but perhaps you might have seen a source. I need a few hundred 270-300 gr .458 gas check bullets. I know I should, but I don't want to get back into casting and I really don't want to paper patch.
I want to load some .450 BPE with a light 458 bullet over a 120 gr powder charge. Also want to load a few 500/450 Nr1 BPE with same bullet but only 110 gr of black. They lead with plain base; big time.
As these rifles only get aired out once or twice a year I'd like to find some ready to use bullets other than jacketed.
Often wrong, but never in doubt
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Bonus Bullets has a 305grn RN GC:

http://www.bonusbullets.com/rifle.htm
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
bpesteve

Post by bpesteve »

Another source for GC 300 grain .45s is Western Bullet, on line at:

http://missoula.bigsky.net/western/

He has a bunch of good designs in all sorts of calibers. I usually swage and patch my own for .450 3-1/4" BPE and No.1 Express, and both are a hoot to shoot now that Swiss BP is available. Sherman Bell has a great series of articles going on BPE rounds in the last couple issues of "The Double Gun Journal", highly recommended!
Hey Joe !

Post by Hey Joe ! »

Many thanks, I ordered from Bonus Bullets. I've only hunted with the .450 BPE; wild pig in the swamps around Charleston SC. It did a great job with never a trail longer than a foot in diameter. Spoiled some meat but I didn't want to track one down among the snakes and gators. They are fun to shoot and I'll look up the articles.
Thanks
Often wrong, but never in doubt