I am on the side of Andy North

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

lefteye

I am on the side of Andy North

Post by lefteye »

I am on the side of Andy North, the deposed NRA president. He uncovered that the NRA is spending approximately One Hundred Thousand Dollard per day ($100,000) in legal fees. I also remember being told to not waste any stickers in the pits because they are expensive.....
A drastic change in top management is necessary to bring that organization back to ground level so they remember who pays their salaries and who founded the NRA. :mrgreen:
keep smiling :D
jackrabbit

Re: I am on the side of Andy North

Post by jackrabbit »

I believe you mean Oliver North.
lefteye

Post by lefteye »

Yes, sorry, I meant Oliver North.
keep smiling :D
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Spot on Klaus.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Since Ollie has now quit the NRA. Don't bet on anything happening. :roll:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Lumpy Grits wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:35 pm Since Ollie has now quit the NRA. Don't bet on anything happening. :roll:
Gary
He quit ostensibly against his wishes.
Too bad. I’m sure Wayne is laughing all the way to the bank.

“letters North sent to the organization’s board last month—that appeared to show that the advertising firm Ackerman McQueen helped pay for luxurious clothing and travel for LaPierre. According to the anonymously posted documents, LaPierre billed $39,000 for just one day of shopping at a clothing boutique at Beverly Hills”

I wonder what kind of clothes Wayne buys for 39k in a day?
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

If not the NRA what else do you have?
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

ChrisF wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:50 pm If not the NRA what else do you have?
The same thing we had in 1776, 100 years before the NRA was founded, except a lot more armed citizens.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
powderburnt

Post by powderburnt »

A sad state of affairs, no doubt. We bitch about the NRA and how we perceive the way they seem to piss money away on advertising and travel and now clothing. A common tactic of organizations and people of different political beliefs in this day of instant news is to create dissent amongst membership then divide and conquer. With today's information and misinformation, news travels at the speed of light. Truth is whatever we perceive with the info at hand. Try to find the truth. Technology can work for or against us. Research the news stories and check the viability with reliable news sources before opinions are formed. " If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed "- Mark Twain.
One other thing, my gunsmith and good friend who was born in '29 told me that when JFK was assassinated that we would have lost our firearms then if the NRA was not there to defend to defend the right to own firearms
I will continue to support the NRA until I believe they can no longer fight for our collective right for gun ownership. Who or what else will stand for us?

HG
lrb

Post by lrb »

Gun Owners of America. Check them out. I joined GOA, but still remain with NRA also.

https://gunowners.org/
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

I heard that Gun Owners of America is a "wolf in sheeps clothing"
NOTE: Heard . I don't have all the facts. And would be interested in the Facts.
Lets be careful here.
We could be "sinking our own ship and captain" in our Right To Bare Arms"
beltfed/arnie
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

As a member of the NRA don't you think that we should have some accountability responsibility from the leadership? 39,000 bucks for clothes. Give me a fricking break! I hear members say that this is our best shot. Heck, I belong so that I am eligible to shoot at my local range and others. But, and hear this well, I am on a corporate board and I am responsible for my actions. Wayne needs to be held accountable by the membership of the NRA. If you do not agree with this largesse, and why would you, vote his ass out and demand accountability. Otherwise you agree with this huge waste of money with little to no accountability. I encourage NRA members to change the organization from within. We can and should do better.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well said Micheal.
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Thanks Don! The bigger challenge will be to get the membership to challenge the NRA hierarchy. Every year we get a membership ballot and most folks vote the recommended party line because they do not know any better. The question is: how do insurgents within the NRA challenge the hierarchy and support an alternate candidate? Additionally how do we solicit enough support to make that candidate successful? - Michael L. Johnson, MD, former LCDR, USN
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

That seems to be the problem, once the corruption sets in, it seeps thru the whole sponge, and when you start the process to squeeze and rinse t that sponge, the resistance gets fanatical from those with much to loose.
Best thing is to look closely at that ballot, anybody that is there by recommendation of the nominating committee needs to be skipped. Look for the ones by petition.