Gun room

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

pacecars

Gun room

Post by pacecars »

Some nice heavy barrel .45-70s in the Gun Room. When you can get a Shiloh Hartford for under $2500 and a #3 under $2200 why would anyone buy a Pedersoli just to save a few bucks?
Real gun powder is black.
Beruisis

Re: Gun room

Post by Beruisis »

I think you just answered your own question.
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

Yeah but I meant the bucks aint a whole lot. It aint worth it
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

My first Shiloh was bought used on "Track of the Wolf's" web sight It was a No. 1 Sporter in 45-70 with semi select wood and a 30 inch heavy octagon barrel just like the one featured here. I paid about 2000 dollars for it and this was twenty years ago. They rifles are the best buy for semi custom guns. Their fit and finish is second to none. You can go totally custom if you are willing to specify out a build and patient enough to wait for it. My second Shiloh is a 45-2.6 LRE with a heavy octagon 34 inch barrel with all of the bells and whistles. My third Shiloh will be a 40-90BN also built for long range possibilities with a paper patch chamber. They make awesome rifles! Just sayin! - Mike
bobw

Post by bobw »

pacecars wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 pm Yeah but I meant the bucks aint a whole lot. It aint worth it
I think most guys who end up with Peds have spouses telling them not to spend the extra. Just my guess cause once you shoot the best "It's f*** the rest" bobw
bobw
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

It's been years coming for me to buy my first Shiloh. Wife has always encouraged it, I just held back to get us to a point where I felt we could afford the expense. Growing up dirt poor, I sometimes have a hard time spending money on 'want' items.

My oldest brother gave me a C. Sharps 1875 about 7 years ago, which I absolutely love. But I've always wanted a Quigley, so finally put one on order last month when we were up camping on our land outside Reed Point.

Hopefully can also figure a way to get a Montana Rough Rider soon.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

The astonishing part to me is that any Shiloh Sharps owner has invested in a arm that is above the level of fit , finish and material quality of the best originals ever made! The standard set by this firm is unusual in the extreme these days!
Blackstone

Post by Blackstone »

There is no customer service with the Italian sharps , the fore arm is wrong their chambers lack the proper dimensions and you can't call anyone to figure out why u can't make it shoot . Kirk Bryan is one of the most awesome fellows out there . He put up with my stupidity and never growled at me once . Their rifles are very inexpensive. They could easily get twice the price .
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

The Italian forearms piss me off more than anything