Sharps 45-90 South Texas Whitetail

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

coolhand

Sharps 45-90 South Texas Whitetail

Post by coolhand »

Guys,
Got this ole guy(8-1/2 years old) the other day with the Shiloh.

DAVE ROELLE

Re: Sharps 45-90 South Texas Whitetail

Post by DAVE ROELLE »

Nice one Jack

The rut is on for us, fine time of year to do herd assement and collect the older bucks

Dave
your never lost, if ya don't care where ya are
BFD

Post by BFD »

Nice buck for sure.
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Nice buck, and beautiful rifle, good shooting..

Care to share your hunting load with us?
coolhand

Post by coolhand »

I shot this guy with ammo I got from Buffalo Arms. I'm working on a PP load, but haven't got it worked out yet.
Andre

Post by Andre »

something about that rifle just ain't right!
BFD

Post by BFD »

Shush now, Andre... Ssshhhh! ;)
coolhand

Post by coolhand »

LOL, I knew that was coming... Last year I got my buck with the iron sights, but I found that with my old eyes I was useless in the dim light times of the day. (which just happens to be the time when the big boys move). The last thing I want to do is cripple a deer because of a bad shot. In the off season I researched all the traditional scope options, but with the small tubes and objectives they don't offer much help. I read somewhere about and old guy like me converting a handgun scope for his Sharps. I went down that road and it works perfect for me. That said, I don't like the looks either. But it allows me to carry the gun I love to shoot into the south Texas brush and have a good chance to make a good shot on a nice deer.
deepsouth

Post by deepsouth »

You gotta do, what you gotta do! I have read or gone over almost every page on this forum. Looking for ideas for sights for a hunting rifle. I don't shoot targets very much and I want a rifle I can hunt with at all times. I have read and re-read every post about the copper penny front sight just not sure about that. I know what light conditions I have shot deer in and I don't think irons will work. This issue and needing a little more money is what is holding me back. Did Shiloh set this up for you? How exactly is it set up?
deepsouth

Post by deepsouth »

You gotta do, what you gotta do! I have read or gone over almost every page on this forum. Looking for ideas for sights for a hunting rifle. I don't shoot targets very much and I want a rifle I can hunt with at all times. I have read and re-read every post about the copper penny front sight just not sure about that. I know what light conditions I have shot deer in and I don't think irons will work. This issue and needing a little more money is what is holding me back. Did Shiloh set this up for you? How exactly is it set up?
deepsouth

Post by deepsouth »

deepsouth

Post by deepsouth »

rdnck

Post by rdnck »

It is amazing what some people don't know that they don't know. rdnck.
Chairman, Phd
Caddo Lake Chapter
FES
Charter Member FBASS

Charter Member OGANT
rdnck

Post by rdnck »

It is amazing what some people don't know that they don't know. rdnck.
Chairman, Phd
Caddo Lake Chapter
FES
Charter Member FBASS

Charter Member OGANT
coolhand

Post by coolhand »

Deepsouth, PM sent