Holy §&#%. The semi- fancy wood from Shiloh is nice.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Skywagon

Holy §&#%. The semi- fancy wood from Shiloh is nice.

Post by Skywagon »

I’m just received my extra-fancy AA finished 50-90 from Shiloh and I don’t think you could find a better piece of wood. Thanks Shiloh.
CptCurl

Re: Holy §&#%. The semi- fancy wood from Shiloh is nice.

Post by CptCurl »

Well, don't you think you should post some photos so we all can enjoy it? :wink:

Curl

Roscoe Stephenson
a/k/a Curly
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

Skywagon wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:10 pm I’m just received my extra-fancy AA finished 50-90 from Shiloh and I don’t think you could find a better piece of wood. Thanks Shiloh.
Ummmmm....................... :?
CptCurl wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:16 am Well, don't you think you should post some photos so we all can enjoy it? :wink:

Curl
You go Curl
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

I have a rifle I ordered from Bill Goodman and it was supposed to be semi fancy but showed up sporting better than semi fancy wood. He had to do a double take and be sure it was not a mistake. Shiloh said congrats it happens , once the wood is cut and assigned to the receiver it is a done deal and sometimes a piece of wood won’t show its true character until the finishing process has begun.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Look guys, if you are going to go on about fancy wood, PICTURES ARE REQUIRED!

Anything less is just plain cruel.

This has been your public service announcement for today.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

I ordered the semi fancy wood on mine and I was more than happy with it. It was above my expectations
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

Skywagon wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:10 pm I’m just received my extra-fancy AA finished 50-90 from Shiloh and I don’t think you could find a better piece of wood. Thanks Shiloh.

Is it semi fancy that looks extra fancy or is the title incorrect? And where are the #€$& pictures?
Real gun powder is black.
Skywagon

Post by Skywagon »

You guys are right. But I’m heading to the range and haven’t taken the time to figure out how to post pictures.
Skywagon

Post by Skywagon »

I apologize for creating some confusion between semi and extra fancy woods. I had just received a rifle with extra fancy wood. It is spectacular in my opinion. I did a side by side comparison with a rifle in semi fancy and the only real difference in my eyes is the figuring on the forearm. The figuring on the forearm of the semi fancy isn’t as eye catching as it is on the butt stock. The wood on the extra fancy is equally stunning on the butt and forearm. I’ve posted some pictures of my rifles and believe is would be difficult to say the semi fancy isn’t just as nice as the fancy.
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Some beautiful rifles,with gorgeous wood,thanks for sharing them with us.
My_name_ain't_Roy

Post by My_name_ain't_Roy »

Outstanding collection ! I believe I'm turning a bit green over here. The one on the top is just too purty. Nice hide, as well. Your carbine resembles my Farmer, of course I don't have the barrel band. If they take up too much room in your safe, I'd be glad to store them for you. Wouldn't even charge you for it :lol: ! Thanks for the eye candy !
Skywagon

Post by Skywagon »

Thanks for noticing the hide. Back in the early 1930s some wild bison from Canada where captured and released around Delta Jct. Alaska. The herd has flourished and now the state has four wild herds of bison in different locations within the state. The bison are doing well enough that the state has a drawing for hunting tags. I drew one about six years ago and was required to take a cow. Some of the bulls I saw while hunting where impressive.
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

Atta boy :D
very nice, very nice indead
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain