Friendship - June - 2020

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship - June - 2020

Post by Woody »

Sorry for the delay in reporting the results. Been busy with "Honey Dues". Here are the results of our first big bore silhouette match since March. Attendance was down a little due the conflicting match schedules. Hopefully we can solve this for next year. Considering the weather reports for the weekend, we actually had a pretty good match. Friday was the best day, but I found the winds pretty tricky for the Friday afternoon .22 match. We had 20 shooters, with 5 modern and 15 traditional rifles on the line.

Willie Pool shooting his Winchester 52 posted a monster 34 for the modern win with Jack Roberts, also shooting a Winchester 52 shooting a 27 from a sitting position. Wow! Third modern was posted by Sandra Pool, (Willie"s better half), also shooting a Winchester 52 and posting a 27, but only one chicken.

Traditional class was carried by Steve Farringer, shooting a Remington Roller with a Crossno liner, and posting a 32. Second was landed by Jim Davis, with a 31 from his custom Winchester Low Wall. Third was handled by Robert Johnson, also with a 31, but one chicken short. Bob was shooting his CPA Stevens.

The next morning dawned with threatening rain and dark skies. It did rain, but not excessively during the match. The results are listed below.
Sat. 6.27.20 scope scores.JPG
Sat. 6.27.20 iron scores.JPG
Steve was all alone as the only iron sight shooter, so I decided to join him for Sunday. The weather held with cloudy, but dry. I will say shooting the irons on Sunday was difficult, even with the light colored banks we have in Friendship. When we finished Willie Pool had again carried the day and also posted his third master score. Congrats Willie. You have come a long way in a short time. Sundays results are listed in the next post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Re: Friendship - June - 2020

Post by Woody »

Ran out of attachment room. Here are Sundays results.
Sun. 6.28.20 scope scores.JPG
Sun. 6.28.20 iron scores.JPG
Our next match is the third weekend of July. Don't miss it. See you there.

Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

What a difference 17 years makes. At the June 2003 60 shot match at the McDonald Sportsman Association near McDonald PA there were 54 shooters with one person shooting a scope. He shot a 16 and finished 4th from last place. They shot a match there last year with no one shooting irons.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Woody

Post by Woody »

Sometimes I wonder why I still have two BPCR rifles that are not drilled for a scope!

Woody
Richard A. Wood