Shiloh build schedule delay?

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

losttrail

Shiloh build schedule delay?

Post by losttrail »

I know this Chinese engineered virus attack has everything everywhere confused, delayed, uncertain. So I am curious as to what effect it has had on Shiloh's production schedule?

I stopped by Big Timber HQ last Tuesday and asked Anna and she stated they were just finishing 2018 orders but had not started 2019 orders yet.

Since I placed my order on July 18, 2019 and was supposed to have 15 month to start of build, just kind of curious as to what type of delay this COVID-19 has created.

Mind you, I'm not complaining in any way, I was just hoping that if everything went perfect (BWAHAHAHA), I might get a great Christmas present this year, but now I think that's doubtful.

Hope everyone is well and recovering.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander
Griff

Re: Shiloh build schedule delay?

Post by Griff »

Thanks for the update. My order went in on August 12th, so I was curious too.
Dangerous Freedom
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

I have a 3-5 month order thru Bill Goodman from January 6th and was told by Shiloh I was under production a while ago. This covid thing had them shut down for a while. I'm sure their doing their best. :D
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

I have a Sporter No. 1 in 40-90BN with a heavy round barrel ordered back in 10/2018. I know they were tapping the barrel for scope blocks at the end of March. I called and talked with Anna last Friday and she told me it will be 2-3 months. Shiloh had been shut down for a few weeks back in April. Anna also told me that Sweetgrass county in Montana just had their first Covid19 case. We just have to be patient. I am an Anesthesiologist in WA state that is dealing with this on a daily basis. Be safe and wear a mask until we get a vaccine.
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

I ordered October 1, 2018. Was told a month ago that it was buying built and would be 3-4 months. Time is moving slowly to say the least!
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

Guess we'll be into summer 2021 before I see mine. :(
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

Williamsmattc wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:55 pm I ordered October 1, 2018. Was told a month ago that it was buying built and would be 3-4 months. Time is moving slowly to say the least!
I too have an early Oct order date........I go to the mailbox everyday and look for that letter, cant wait til I finally see it!! I will probably be dancing in the street :lol: :lol:
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

I placed my order on October 1, 2018. I was told 5 weeks ago it would be “Up to 30 more days,”

Expecting my shipment any day, they had me send my FFL info.

God, I can’t wait!
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

I placed my order on October 1, 2018. I was told 5 weeks ago it would be “Up to 30 more days,”

Expecting my shipment any day, they had me send my FFL info.

God, I can’t wait!
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

Received mine mid August, well worth Bill Goodmans fee! :D
kcstott

Post by kcstott »

I placed an order with Mr. Goodman in March of 2019, I was able to pick up my rifle in March of 2020 on the very day my state went into lock down. one year an one week wait time. I have no clue as to how long the place in line i paid for had been waiting in the que. All i know is Mr. Goodman's $200 fee is worth it. I guessed in March that he saved me an additional year. With 2020 being done, and 2019 orders yet to be started. I'd say he saved me more like two years..
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

It's worth every fretful second of wait.. :D
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

My first... back in the early 90's took over four and half years and it was worth the wait then. Since then I'm purchased through Bill Goodman and the longest I've waited was about 18 months..and that was for a pretty 'blinged up' rifle. Its money well spent.. and as you say Don... worth every second and every dollar. Your recent addition I take it :?:

J.B.
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Jb it's yet another 44-77, this one a #1 32 inch standard barrel. :D
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

I’m so frustrated I could spit right now!

Placed my order on October 1, 2018. Was told “around 18 months, give or take.” (That would put it around March of 2020. I didn’t know about Bill Goodman then). I paid the rifle off in a couple months.

July of 2020, I called to inquire and was told it was “in production and could be 3-4 months.” (October-November of 2020)

Called in mid-October and was told it needed, “A bit of final fitting on the fore end, and could be up to another month.” They asked me to have my FFL call them with his info for shipping.

Called on Monday (12/7/2020) to see about status and final cost for shipping. The gal said she would check on the status and call me back.

Today, 12/11/2020, she called me back...

“Your receiver is done and will soon be going in for pack hardening. Then it needs to be fitted for wood and the assembly, fitting and finishing process.”

I was speechless! I said a month and a half ago, I was told “it may be up to 30 days.” And was asked for my FFL to contact them for shipping info.

“Oh no Sir, it will definitely be sometime next year.”

My son in high school helped me spec it out (knowing it will be his longer than it will be mine). He is in the Army now and has been as anxious as I to shoot it. When he shipped out 6 months ago, I told him I would let him shoot the first round through it when he was home for Christmas...

Sorry I’m venting!