Shiloh build schedule delay?

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

rdnck

Re: Shiloh build schedule delay?

Post by rdnck »

Quit bugging them, and you won't have to vent. You'll get it when it's finished. Shoot straight, rdnck.
Chairman, Phd
Caddo Lake Chapter
FES
Charter Member FBASS

Charter Member OGANT
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Quit bugging them, and you won't have to vent. You'll get it when it's finished.
Agree! My wife and I toured their facility a few years ago. They really are handmade rifles of the highest quality and workmanship. I just thank God they are still in business and making something of this quality that doesn't have "Hencho en China" on it. These rifles are worth every minute of the wait.
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

Doesn't hurt to keep in touch with them, especially since you've had the gun paid for, for over 2 years, I have had discussions with them myself in the past, in the end it will all work out.
Steve Sudbeck

Post by Steve Sudbeck »

I am awaiting a Bill Goodman order from May 2020; Mr. Goodman has proposed a 4 to 6 month wait after purchasing a slot from him. I am now at 7 months and I have not inquired yet - given a COVID environment and a rumor of high paying mining jobs in the area, I am guessing that the 4 - 6 month waiting estimate has changed significantly. I am certainly anxious about receipt but “things” are different now - things have changed. I tell myself to be patient and I will be notified when the rifle is ready for transfer - and that’s that.
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

When I went thru Bill last summer I ordered in January and was told 5 - 6 months at the time . I think I lost about 6 weeks with the covid shut down. My rifle was plain though, no engraving or other special items. Got it around August.
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

rdnck wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:05 am Quit bugging them, and you won't have to vent. You'll get it when it's finished. Shoot straight, rdnck.
Not so much a matter of bugging them, but when I called months ago and was told it was in production, I thought it was odd I never got “the letter” to settle my specifics before the build started.

No problem

Then months later to be told it was in final finishing and “send your FFL info for shipping in up to 30 days” only to 45 days later, be told (from what I was told) it’s just getting started with the build...That is very frustrating!
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

All of my working years I was a journeyman fitter, and welder (‘steamfitter by trade) helping build nuclear power plants, paper mills, etc., etc., etc. across this wonderful nation.
One day on a job an old boy was making a critical piping weld in a nuclear power house. A white-hat (supervisor) interrupted his welding and asked him, “How much longer are you going to be on this weld?!” The old boy lifted his welding hood, and looked up at him and said, “I only got two speeds; if you don’t like this one, you shore ain’t gonna like the other one! Now, git, and leave me alone!”

R
Beware of the man that owns one rifle.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

My favorite response when I am getting hassled about when I will be done is "Did you want it soon, or did you want it right?" Rest assured that if it leaves the Shiloh factory, it will be right. The waiting is the worst part...
Take care, Cody
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

Please don’t get me wrong, my issue has never been with the time needed for production. My issue was with being told it was about ready to ship, then a month and half later, being told it was in early production (or at least reported to be). That was my frustration.

Make no mistake, my desire to own the best is not changed, I will wait as long as it takes. I just got frustrated at being given two totally different reports.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

I have a friend that had the same experience, like you he was pretty darn disappointed when he found out a month or two later that it was still going to be another several months. I can only guess that there was obviously some confusion when you talked to them the first time. I do know that they did not intentionally lie to you. I don't know what happened, but I do know that mistakes do happen, especially when you have employees.
Happy New Year!!
Cody
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

I have a 40-90BN rifle that was to be delivered Oct-Nov. I also realize that Covid19 has effected folks top to bottom of the supply chain. It will be done when Shiloh is satisfied that it was done right. Personally I am glad that shipment will be done sometime after the Christmas rush. It just gives me more time to cast bullets and get components set up. Be patient! - Mike
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Williamsmattc,

Message me your real name and order number, I have a hard time believing what you say happened to you this many times. We are busy with
a lot of guns but not enough that you would be told that many wrong answers. If we acted like that on a regular bases, we wouldn't have much of a business after this many years!! Let me look and I will give you a call.

Kirk,
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

Message has been sent
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Where did you send the message? I have nothing here nor in e-mail. kirk@shilohrifle.com
Kirk,
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

Obviously I must have done something wrong. I will get the order number when I get home and try again.