once more

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

kenny sd

once more

Post by kenny sd »

got ready to watch Jeopardy last night. saw that Quigley was on.
just for a moment I told my wife....
two hours later we had watched it again.
my non shooting non gun loving wife thinks it's her favorite movie.
Story. in RI in 1990, we went to see the new Quigley movie.
10 minutes in...the city lost power and it was off for two days. never saw it in the theater.

it was on full screen last night, and I saw it for the first time, unedited;, full width. .
and no commercials.
nice...Ken
DeadEye

Re: once more

Post by DeadEye »

We have two copies, one for home, one for the RV. Since we will not be able to be there this year again due to Covid we will watch the movie one more time on Father's Day and remember all the good times we've had at the 'Q'. Thanks Al Lee and all the members of the Forsyth Rifle and Pistol Club.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

When talking to people and they find out that your involved in shooting competition I refer to that movie so they will know what we shoot. Some people know the movie, but I'm always amazed at how many people don't have a clue, never heard of it. I then bring up the movie Jose Wells where he shoots the rope on the ferry, no, never heard of it either. It is mostly the younger crowd that has never seen the movie. If you start telling them about the rifle so they will know what you shoot, they automatically go to a muzzle loader. I think I will load part of the movie on my phone, then all you got to do is say watch this. :)
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
bobw

Post by bobw »

[quote=Coltsmoke . I think I will load part of the movie on my phone, then all you got to do is say watch this. :)
[/quote]

No they won't get that either first you have say " HERE HOLD MY BEER" , then all you got to do is say watch this.
Way it is colt smoke. Bobw
bobw
bobw

Post by bobw »

[quote=Coltsmoke . I think I will load part of the movie on my phone, then all you got to do is say watch this. :)
[/quote]

No they won't get that either first you have say " HERE HOLD MY BEER" , then all you got to do is say watch this.
Way it is colt smoke. Bobw
bobw
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Obviously Smoke is an optimist.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
JeffFaldo

Post by JeffFaldo »

Personally I think Crossfire Trail is a better movie. Of course in Quigley the sharps is more or less the star. In Crossfire Trail the story line is better and the sharps scenes are classic. I mean come on the great Wifred Brimley and Tom Selleck in the same movie it can't be any better. On the other hand Alan Rickman as the bad guy and Laura San Giacomo is way better looking than Wilfred??
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

i always like "Valdez is coming" with Burt Lancaster.
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

my mom in law was friends with Lancaster. her brother was his personal secretary for years. they were in the army together in WWII..
When I mentioned him once, she said, yeah, they were in Mexico making a movie and they both sent me this piece of turquoise jewelry, a pendant.
Wow, what movie?
Don't remember she said. but it had a Mexican name.
Holy $%^ Valdez, yeah, that's it she said.

she wouldn't let me have it, now my wife has it and she won't let me have it either.
what a watch fob it would make....
Ken,
ps. she said he was a really nice gentleman.
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

and here it is.
IMG_0698.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

and here it is.
IMG_0698.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.