Marijuana

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Clark Badgett

Re: Marijuana

Post by Clark Badgett »

bruce m wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:48 am what has the human race come to that it needs drugs and prostitutes.
the best things in life are free, and choosing them is easy if you let yourself.
bruce.
Good Lord man, what has the human race come too? As if drugs and prostitution are something that has sprung forth within the span of our lifetimes. I really hate to be the storm crow here, but making something illegal does not make it go away, it makes it worse than it was. I am tired of giving up my civil liberties so ageing boomers can think they are winning a drug war that they lost 3 minutes after it was declared.
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

clark,
if people did not buy drugs or prostitutes it would not be a problem.
that is the point i made.
why do people choose less good things?
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Sadly , the Human animal is one that needs constant regulation and behavioral parameters set .
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
pete

Post by pete »

Clark Badgett
I really hate to be the storm crow here, but making something illegal does not make it go away, it makes it worse than it was.
[/quote]

As far as the legalization of pot goes in our area I'm going to have to disagree with you because things are worse for a range of other issues. I hope you didn't make a blanket statement on purpose because that's flawed logic and let's just make everything legal.
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

Clark Badgett wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:49 pm
bruce m wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:48 am what has the human race come to that it needs drugs and prostitutes.
the best things in life are free, and choosing them is easy if you let yourself.
bruce.
Good Lord man, what has the human race come too? As if drugs and prostitution are something that has sprung forth within the span of our lifetimes. I really hate to be the storm crow here, but making something illegal does not make it go away, it makes it worse than it was. I am tired of giving up my civil liberties so ageing boomers can think they are winning a drug war that they lost 3 minutes after it was declared.
clark,
i probably did not make myself clear.
what i meant was, why do people elect to reach for the bottom line.
taking drugs to either have fun or blot out problems does not work.
it is choosing a shortcut to avoid what you really have to do to find happiness or peace in life.
drugs have destroyed families, individuals, and wasted so much potential.
if your kid gets on drugs, your kid has in reality died.
using prostitutes is similar, in that it is taking the easy way out, and often contributing to misery.
in fact the two are often linked.
prostitution and drugs go hand in hand a lot.
if people could just choose the better way, these problems would just dissolve into the atmosphere and go away.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

Sometimes it’s better to keep my mouth shut than to be judged by the self righteous ones that have no idea who I am or where I’ve been in the struggle of life.....
Tom Klinger
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Powder Burner wrote: They put retired border patrol in there to run it.

I have, in fact, looked into that allegation and from what I can determine the truth of the matter is more likely two factors. First, that certain retired Border Patrol Officers (not all) were so preferred by the girls that it introduced competition among them to attract and hold their attention. Second, it caused other patrons observing this behavior to feel less appreciated (jealous if you will) by the girls which lead to displays of bad feelings by the disaffected toward certain male favorites who were predominately retired agents.

And the back story of how that all came about is in itself quite interesting. But, as Tom Klinger wrote, sometimes it is best to remain silent.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

Actually deuce. The problem was they always run a tab and forgot to pay it
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Powder Burner, I will check and see if you were in fact a cashier in that time frame. Otherwise I will attribute your comment to being one of the other jealous "customers".
powderburnt

Post by powderburnt »

It was once common for LEO's to have lunch on the house at restaurants in most states including Nevada.

HG
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Under the rules I operated under if the establishment did not provide a check, the value of the meal was left in cash on the table. That included Arkansas, Florida, Nevada, Utah, Texas, Massachusetts, Indiana, Iowa, New Mexico, Mississippi and Arizona.

Jealous Patron me thinks is a lot closer to the truth, how else would you know about retired B.P on the premises?
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

I won't confirm or deny anything that may or may not have happened in Commiefornia.
Woody

Post by Woody »

It was once common for LEO's to have lunch on the house at restaurants in most states including Nevada.
Now they will not serve you.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

If you only knew, deuce. If you only knew
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Clark Badgett

Post by Clark Badgett »

Glen Ring wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:16 pm Sadly , the Human animal is one that needs constant regulation and behavioral parameters set .
The constant cry of authoritarians from the damn of time.