Elections to the NRA Board of Directors

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Elections to the NRA Board of Directors

Post by desert deuce »

The June/July 2021 issue of American Hunter and American Rifleman should contain a list of candidates for Board of Directors and a ballot sheet.
As previously stated on this forum and others it is in the membership's best interest as well as the overall health of the organization to ensure that actual competitors are elected to this board. To that end, only vote for those that are actual competitive shooters and none others.

The present ballot shows three individuals that clearly meet that criteria, Fleeman, Rhode and Sigler.

We have until August to submit the ballots and I will be inquiring if there are any others worthy of our support. I see several on the ballot that have not supported competitive shooting and have worked to move it out of the NRA.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Michael Johnson

Re: Elections to the NRA Board of Directors

Post by Michael Johnson »

Thanks for your input for finding like minded candidates to support competition as well as a more member centric representation. Lets just say no to new clothes and fluff trips for Wayne.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Exactly my thoughts. Anyone who approved, allowed, condoned or participated in the lavish spending by him or anyone else on the board needs to go!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

For future reference it may be wise to take note of who on the board is on this current nominating committee and if you have the issues of those magazines those on the nominating committees last three years.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Andre wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:48 pm Exactly my thoughts. Anyone who approved, allowed, condoned or participated in the lavish spending by him or anyone else on the board needs to go!
I think that is more important than just getting people that shoot matches.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Great Idea Semtav, let us know when you have that figured out and how you came to those conclusions?
Presently informed minds want to know. :wink:
semtav

Post by semtav »

I have no idea. Seems we have plenty of competitors that vote Democrat. Maybe they can tell you.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

More attorneys are needed on the board. Like minded , far sighted attorneys with a common goal of filing lawsuit after lawsuit .
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
TimW

Post by TimW »

semtav wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:31 pm
Andre wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:48 pm Exactly my thoughts. Anyone who approved, allowed, condoned or participated in the lavish spending by him or anyone else on the board needs to go!
I think that is more important than just getting people that shoot matches.

Yeah,
Those that actually BELIEVE in the 2nd Amendment!!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

The plethora of attorneys on the board of directors is exactly what the problem is from what present and past board members are telling me.
It goes something like this: The attorneys see the rules and regulations as written and "PRESUME" employees are following those rules.
Problem is, those attorneys are not in touch with the membership, they serve as an elitist branch within the NRA, and since they only know what the employees tell them and are insulated from the membership and what is "ACTUALLY" going on within the NRA they are privy to a condition commonly known as "Consciously Unaware" of any problems.

The board is designed to be the voice of the membership. Competitive shooting is the bedrock of sport shooting.

The board has nothing to do with litigating and the committees by in large are advisory only.

The ILA branch (institute for legislative action) of NRA is the legal force.

The reason NRA was able to push competitive shooting, Black Powder Target in particular, out of the NRA is because there are few competitive shooters on the board that know Black Powder Target shooting in the 1870's is the NRA Heritage and how the NRA came to be. Competitive Shooters deal directly with NRA and became well schooled on the problems and what is actually going on and seek position on the board to right the ship. By petition is one means.

Anybody can write an impressive bio for the nominating committee. And Golly Gee, look how similar they are. AND, by the way, how many people who filed with the nominating committee that were not forwarded for the ballot?

The nominating committee is how the power structure in NRA maintains control by putting their chosen ones on the board. If you have not figured this out by now you have not been paying attention.

Chinese Proverb: Fish rots from head first. Cracker saying, nothing rots from the bottom up, always from the top down.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

The board controls the purse strings. The money now needs to be directed to defending the 2nd amendment. Shooters should understand that their needs need to be put on the back burner for a while.

I don't care if the NRA ever puts on another Competition. To be frank, me and my better half were not happy with the turn of competitions...but there will always be an organization to put on sport shooting. There are folks that will put on non-NRA matches for BPCR. BPCR 22 is maybe the most popular silhouette sport out there right now and it's non-NRA sanctioned.

I have seen The BS of guys threatening about writing some long winded letter to whoever at the NRA..it accomplishes NOTHING.

I will gladly donate to the NRA because they are feared by the liberals who want to destroy the origination...and the NRA's name is on the backing of lawsuits.

Hire more lawyers that know the ins and outs of a court room and how to leverage Politicians.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

True, the board is supposed to be the financial watch dog. AND, isn't the entire current controversy over how much and where that money is being spent? Just how much are those New York Lawyers costing NRA Members a week? Do you know? Such as designated funds diverted and spent elsewhere. Or, excessive amounts for perks, salaries, retirement benefits, etc. If management has "their" people on the board just who do you think they will vote in favor of? It is the accounting that is being scrutinized and btw, where is the full and accurate accounting?

If X number of dollars are designated for and budgeted for an activity and that money is redirected without board knowledge are you saying you agree with that?

If the board was truly listening to and representatives of the membership what is coming to light today should never have happened.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I stand on what I have typed earlier.
Anyone can read anything in the news..now whether it's accurate or not..that's the issue.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

THE BALLOT FOR NRA BOARD IS DUE BY AUGUST 15, 2021.

THE BALLOT AND LIST OF CANDIDATES IS IN THE JUNE/JULY 2021 EDITION OF AMERICAN HUNTER AND AMERICAN RIFLEMAN
JeffFaldo

Post by JeffFaldo »

I have no idea. Seems we have plenty of competitors that vote Democrat. Maybe they can tell you.
Pretty sure some even posting in this post. Just saying.