Build timeframe

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Tazman1602

Build timeframe

Post by Tazman1602 »

Hello — I hate to ask but….am finally considering a Shiloh-Sharps but was wondering what the build timeframe is if I order one, I’m guessing 2 plus years from what I’ve read here.

Many Thanks,

Art
Fight organized crime. Re-elect no one.
Luke

Re: Build timeframe

Post by Luke »

Last I heard on most 1874s they're back to 18 months. Round barrels, bull barrels, 1877s and such take longer.

Go thru Bill Goodman if you want it sooner.
Limber Up!
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

Thank you!

Art
Fight organized crime. Re-elect no one.
Dennis Armistead

Post by Dennis Armistead »

Bill Goodman...7 months give or take.
Dennis
Experience trumps intelligence every time.
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

2yrs, one month, 9days....not that im counting or anything :lol:
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

4 yrs, 4 mos. for a 1877 round barrel for comparison.
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

About 7 months from Bill Goodman and that included the covid shut down.
Dano Dog

Post by Dano Dog »

I ordered an 1874 standard heavy barrel in June of 2020. It hasn't gone into production yet, so 16 month wait so far and add your build time to that. It's a good thing I am patient and I look at the wait as part of the overall adventure.
NRA Patron Life Member
Eric Johanen

Post by Eric Johanen »

No complaints here but mine took a long time to delivery. Model 1877 #1 Long Range rifle with several custom features. Special 45-70 tight match reamer and my own stock blank. All the bells and whistles included. My order was placed shortly after Shiloh announced production. I think they got more orders than they anticipated. My order was misplaced once and due to the COVID shutdown the 34 inch barrel order was left off the production run (Kirk made good on the mistake soon as he was aware of the problem) Five years plus one day from order to delivery. I recieved a truly beautiful rifle and it was worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted. Fit, finish and stock all exceptional. Best of all it really shoots! Having it and looking it over and shooting it, it was worth the wait.
Eric Johanen

Post by Eric Johanen »

No complaints here but mine took a long time to delivery. Model 1877 #1 Long Range rifle with several custom features. Special 45-70 tight match reamer and my own stock blank. All the bells and whistles included. My order was placed shortly after Shiloh announced production. I think they got more orders than they anticipated. My order was misplaced once and due to the COVID shutdown the 34 inch barrel order was left off the production run (Kirk made good on the mistake soon as he was aware of the problem) Five years plus one day from order to delivery. I recieved a truly beautiful rifle and it was worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted. Fit, finish and stock all exceptional. Best of all it really shoots! Having it and looking it over and shooting it, it was worth the wait.
Steve Sudbeck

Post by Steve Sudbeck »

Shiloh buyers may not understand the literalness of the Bill Goodman service. Mr. Goodman sells you a rifle build slot for $200 on the Shiloh production schedule; there are absolutely no other actual or inferred guarantees. As in my case, I purchased a production slot in the beginning of May of 2020 and just satisfactorily received my completed rifle a little over a week ago - right at 18 months after my order was requested.
At the time I ordered my rifle (again, very early May of 2020), Mr. Goodman was advertising an approximate wait of 4 to 6 months. I am convinced that his prediction of wait/ build time was forthright in May of 2020 BUT (a big BUT), it is just an educated guess. After contracting with Mr. Goodman (I will only speak for my experience), I thought I was paying for a 4 - 6 month wait window, I ended up waiting right at 18 months and I still paid the $200 for the production slot - Mr. Goodman only guarantees the production slot, nothing more - once the build is in the hands of Shiloh, your rifle build takes as long as Shiloh takes to build it (period).
River Rat

Post by River Rat »

The first Shiloh 1874 I ordered took 1 year & 8 months. That rifle was ordered in early 2017. My 2nd Shiloh ‘74 was ordered late in 2018 and arrived early this year - 2 years & 2 months after the order date. Both rifles are beautifully made and were worth the wait times.

I will add that the wait for Shiloh #2 wasn’t quite as bad since I already had a Shiloh rifle to shoot and enjoy! Waiting on the first one was kinda painful at times but any quality custom product (gun, knife, motorcycle, etc) generally involves a wait.
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

Placed my order for a Quigley on July 19, 2019 with an estimated 15 month delay to start of build and 3-4 month build time.

Still waiting.

Sadly, each of the 3 times I've called to get an update, roughly 3 months apart, so I believe that's not being overly annoying on a $3,600 rifle that I paid in full December 2019, the attitude of the folks at Shiloh leaves much to be desired. I have been pleasant and friendly each call, despite the nearly hostile attitude delivered by Anna.

This past Monday my wife called to check on the status, her first interaction with Shiloh, and was ready to cancel the order based on the horrible interaction with Anna.

Apparently the only things left are final finish and assembly, but that is evidently beyond the ability to predict as she was told in could be next week, next month (December)or sometime next year.

If customer service is such a horrible task for Anna, maybe she should find another job. I know that if I treated people the way she has treated me and my wife, I would have been fired from any job I've ever had. I deal with people and technical issues every day and do not treat people with such disdain and disrespect.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

bought mine from Bill two years ago, great guy, great service. worth the $200 he charged.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Shiloh recently lost their engraver to COVID, if your Q had engraving then you may have a longer wait.

My first rifle was over 3 years :shock:.

By the way nobody at Shiloh has the Name Anna. Perhaps you mean Onna?

Either way Bitching here on the forum is pretty poor taste. Perhaps a private message to Kirk would be in order, meanwhile get some cheese to go with your whine.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter