Great Lakes Regional scores

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

John Bly

Great Lakes Regional scores

Post by John Bly »

The Great Lakes Regional BPCR silhouette match was held this past weekend near Alma, MI. It was a 4 day match with a 22 match on Thurs afternoon followed by 3 days of big bore with 40 shots each day. Daily awards were given out and 3 day agg awards. We had good weather but not necessarily for shooting. Thurs and Fri were mostly overcast and Sat and Sun were bright clear sunlight all day which gave heavy mirage. It was cooler than most July matches in MI with temps on Sat only in the high 70's. Sunday morning was 46 deg but warmed to the mid 80's.

In the 22 match Willie Poole showed us all how to do it with a 35 in scope class. I was 2nd with a 32 followed by Steve and Jodi Decker with 31's. Ian Egbert shot a 29 in this match but he made up for it later.
In irons Dutch Grawmayer won with a 27 followed by a 26 by his shooting partner Mark O'Malley. Paige Wolfe was 3rd with a 26.

In big bore Irons on Fri Ian won with a 31 followed by Jim Dietlein with a 26 and Greg Vest in 3rd with a 25
Scope class was won by me with a 27 followed by Gordon Clefton with a 26 and Steve Durren in 3rd with a 24

Sat irons was won by Greg Vest with a 30 followed by Ian with a 27 and Glenn Fewless in 3rd with a 24
Scope class was won by John Wier with a 30 followed by Gordon Clefton with a 28 and Dutch in 3rd with a 27

Sunday irons was won by Ian with a 33 followed by Jim Dietlein with a 30 then Greg Vest in 3rd with a 28
Scope class was won by Sandra Poole with a 28 followed by Steve Durren with a 27 then Dutch in 3rd with a 26

The 3 day aggregate in irons was won by Ian Egbert with a 91, 2nd was Greg Vest with an 83 with Willie Poole in 3rd with a 74
The scope agg was a 3 way tie with a score of 79. Dutch had the most chickens for 1st place followed by Gordon Clefton and me in 3rd place.

Two people won 30 pig awards., Dutch and Gordon

We had a pulled pork dinner on Sat night and everyone got their fill with leftovers for Sunday lunch. Attendance was down a little but it was a congenial bunch and very competitive. The age of competitors ran from 19 to 87. This is always a laid back easy going match and is on my list of must attend matches. My compliments to the Match Directors, Steve and Jodi Decker with help from others for a well run match.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
ian45662

Re: Great Lakes Regional scores

Post by ian45662 »

Always love going up to Alma. The temps this year were great!!
BWR

Re: Great Lakes Regional scores

Post by BWR »

Thanks for the nice write up John. It’s always good to see all of our out of state friends.
Brad
Brad R.