Eyesight vs. Sights?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

1minute

Re: Eyesight vs. Sights?

Post by 1minute »

Had cataract surgeries about 18 months back at age 75. It was brought on by the fact that I was not seeing ground squirrels off in the distance when shooting in our alfalfa fields. Tuned both eyes up for distance, so I use glasses to read and tie flies. All I can say is WOW, as I had been nearsighted since my early teens. Now I can count the wires on a fence a half mile away without glasses.

An aside: Before the surgery and when using peeps, there appeared to be some distracting dirt or fiber therein. Post-surgery, that has gone away. What I was seeing were the cataract elements within my eyes.

An out-patient deal with the prep time taking longer than the surgery itself. Took about 3 days for the first eye to really clear up. The second was much improved an hour after the procedure. Time involved was a visit the day before, another the day after, one a week later, and the final a month out which was an exam to see if any correction/glasses might be needed.

Given my vision corrections, I wish I'd had it done as a teenager. Colors also appear a bit brighter.

Get er done,
1Minute
kenny sd

Re: Eyesight vs. Sights?

Post by kenny sd »

hey honey...when did we paint the walls white? HA.
worth the small trouble to get it done...