Cumberland Riflemen 60-shot Mid-range Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SSShooter

Cumberland Riflemen 60-shot Mid-range Match

Post by SSShooter »

It’s all over but the shouting. Not really. No one shouted. Scores double-checked and tabulated.

We could not have had better weather for the match. Mostly sunny at the 200 & 300 yard lines and partly cloudy by the time we moved to 600yd. Just enough breeze that it would move a careless wind call out of the 10-ring, or worse at 600yd. While these may have been the quietest 600yd relays I’ve shot at Cumberland over the years, there was definitely a light, but fickle breeze to keep us all honest.

The match could not have been more closely contested at the top, with the overall win being decided by X-count. Congratulations to Mike Benson (543-16X) for edging out Ralph Carruthers (543-13X) for the match win. Mike won four (4) of the individual distance matches, as well as the overall. Excellent shooting by both Mike and Ralph. Pete Romanik (538-5X) came in third shooting a borrowed rifle & ammo (last time I’m doing that!! - beaten by my own efforts ;-), so good shooting there, as well.

At the end of the match we gathered at the 600yd-line bench for our traditional hoagies & sodas while the scores were tallied and the last of our gear was put away.

Mike Benson was not only the match winner, but also won a Bartlein barrel of his choice in the prize drawing. With a Ruger No.1 action available he can now build a dedicated BPTR rifle. He will likely become an even bigger problem for the rest of us at future matches with his new rifle.

In addition, our thanks not only to Bartlein Barrels, but to Shilen Barrels, DZ Arms, Starline Brass, SPG Lube, Cat-Sticks & Redding Dies for their very generous prize donations. Of special note was Chris Christensen’s very generous “pass” when he won the Shilen Barrel gift certificate. Chris said he has enough projects awaiting his attention and did not need another barrel. Thank you, Chris.

Also, a special thank you to Lynn & Ralph Carruthers for their help in the initial range set-up and take-down. Everyone’s help is always appreciated at the start and end of the match.

Our next match is Saturday, Oct 8. See you all there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glenn