Had 10 Lbs of Powder delivered last week

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

omgb

Had 10 Lbs of Powder delivered last week

Post by omgb »

I found 1.5F Swiss and 3F Schutzen at Buffalo Arms and bought some of each. Looks like I'm back in business for a few months. Couldn't find it in the PRK (People's Republik of Kommiefornia) for many months. Hate paying the new prices and the hazmat but hate not shooting more.
Reece Talley
James Madison Fellow
Cal Hunter Ed Instructor/NRA Rifle/Shotgun Inst.
bobw

Re: Had 10 Lbs of Powder delivered last week

Post by bobw »

What's the new price? Personally I guess I think you were lucky to get some...mb
bobw
omgb

Post by omgb »

I paid $30 lb for the Swiss and $25lb for the Shutzen. Yes, I felt lucky to find the powder. I use the 3F in the Enfield paper cartridges I make. It takes 3F to get the rapid bump required to get the base plugs to expand the bullets to bore diameter.
Reece Talley
James Madison Fellow
Tom Trevor

Post by Tom Trevor »

OMGB, Ever go over to the range in Piru and shoot at the black powder range? Most are this week up at the week long shoot at Ojai Valley gun club.
omgb

Post by omgb »

No I haven’t. Isn’t that a members only range? I’m in Simi and would have to reach it via Moorepark, Fillmore and the Piru. But I’d sure like to try it
Reece Talley
James Madison Fellow
Tom Trevor

Post by Tom Trevor »

It is a members club but guest shooters are always welcome to shoot with us and if in the future you wish to join us so much the better.
Just stop and sign into the property at the public range office, do not pay anything there.
Look at our website for more information www.burbankmuzzleloaders.com and one of the guys has a u-tube channel where he fires a variety of black powder arms on the range so you can get a look around there. little house guy. Just what he calls it? Ask for Tom when you get there.