Friendship October 2022

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Friendship October 2022

Post by Woody »

October's Friendship matches are in the books. On Friday 21 competitors vied for first place in traditional .22 and modern .22. Sunny and warm with heavy winds and gusts to 20 plus mph were the norm. After the scores were tallied, Bob Johnson scored a 28/40 for third traditional, John Wier came in 2nd Traditional shooting a 29/40. First traditional was taken by Steve Farringer with a 30/40. The modern shooters were led by Mike Payne with a 28/40 for third modern. Brad Parmer came in second with a 31/40, and Keith Ux led us all with a 32/40 for first modern.

Saturday was a repeat of Friday's conditions. Sunny, not so warm, but heavy winds. The same winds that plagued Ian and the long range shooters at Attebury. Those results are posted below.
Sat. Oct. 2022 scope scores resized.PNG
Sat. Oct. 2022 iron scores resized.PNG
Saturday was also our fall Military match. A full silhouette match within the regular match for those wanting to shoot the BPC military rifles of the era. Those results are also listed above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Re: Friendship October 2022

Post by Woody »

Sunday dawned colder but calm, again with sunny conditions. When the match started, not a breath of air was present for the first three relays. As the day progressed the winds did pick up but didn't stop Steve Farringer from shooting a clean prone and winning the match with a 33/40.
Sun. Oct. 2022 scope scores resized.PNG
Sun. Oct. 2022 iron scores.PNG
For those that have shot in Friendship before, you will be pleasantly surprised at the range work Dan and the crew at the NMLRA have put in. Since last month, a large area of the woods have been cleared to the East of the silhouette lines and two more banks of large bore animals have been added. Additionally, a fourth bank of .22 animals has been completed. More details remain to be completed, but the work is well on the way.

Remember the last match of the year in Friendship is on the first weekend of the month. (4,5,6 November)

Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Awesome Steve! Clean prone in big bore is a BIG deal!! Yahooo!!!
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

jackrabbit wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:25 pm Awesome Steve! Clean prone in big bore is a BIG deal!! Yahooo!!!
Thanks, Cody! :D

My trusty 45-70 Shiloh and my shooting partner (Woody) were in top form, and I was in a positive frame of mind.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Great job Steve!!!
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Looks like woody did really well also.