SE Regional Results, RBGC, GA

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SSShooter

SE Regional Results, RBGC, GA

Post by SSShooter »

SE Regional Results - River Bend Gun Club, GA

Day -1 200yd 22BPTR match on reduced targets (30 shots). 36 shooters.
John Bly was the MW with a nice 289-10X, followed by Jerry English with a 285-9X and Steve Christiansen with a 285-7X for scope and Ken Wienken 284-5X and Tom Klinger 278-3 for irons.

Day - 2 600yd BPTR Match (30 shots). 32 shooters.
Kevin Hurst 268-4, Clarence Dykstra 265-6 & Steve Christiansen 264-4 for the top 3 scores.

Day - 3 & 4 BPCR (2x 40-shots). 42 shooters.
Tom Klinger (scope) and Kim Kelley (irons) were 1st iron & scope on day-1 and continued their great shooting and spotting (for one another) on day-2. After day-2 they remained atop the field, being the two MWs (Kim was the out-right winner and Tom topped Doug Gazaway in a shoot-off). And, they also won the two top-spotter awards. Great teamwork gentlemen.
Glenn
Woody

Re: SE Regional Results, RBGC, GA

Post by Woody »

Good shooting guys.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
MAH

Post by MAH »

SS Shooter,

You have the names mixed up for Tom Klinger & Kim Kelley. Tom was iron and Kim was scope.

MAH
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Great weekend from the low country boil to the awards on Sunday. Beautiful weather. This was my 10th year and I think it was the best weather of all of them but bright sunny skies don't always yield the highest scores because of heavy mirage. This was evident all weekend with shooters wondering where that 6 or 7 came from at 600 yds right after shooting a 10 or X. Silhouette was the same with quite a few missed pigs and especially turkeys. Very few Master class scores were shot all weekend.
I did well especially with my new 22 rifle that Clarence called my "Girly Gun". It is a Stevens 0441/2 that Stevens termed the Ladies Rifle with a new old stock Stevens 416 X barrel installed. It is little and cute and she really shoots!
Kim Kelly really deserved winning scope silhouette as he kept the heat on the rest of us both days and he brought more shrimp for the boil than we could eat. Thanks Kim.
Those Texas guys had a great time and many said they would be back.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

MAH wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:09 am SS Shooter,
You have the names mixed up for Tom Klinger & Kim Kelley. Tom was iron and Kim was scope.
MAH
Mark - you are correct. I got that backwards.

Like John's original Stevens in the 22 match, TomK was shooting an original Hepburn in the BPCR match. I don't recall what cartridge. Obviously, given the proper care & feeding, those old guns will shoot.
Woody wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:00 am Good shooting guys.
Woody
Woody - You need to join us next year. I have it on good authority that they promise to make you move your trailer no more than once if you do. :lol:
Glenn
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

The Hepburn is chambered in 47/70…
Tom
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

Make that 45/70, fat fingered the first one
Tom
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

"Girly Gun" was a term of respect, because the 044 1/2 is a ladies rifle, delicate-looking, beautifully done and accurate! John used a gorgeous piece of wood, and the rifle was admired by all.

Clarence